Chinese Islamic Cultural and Educational Foundation
|Republic of China|
The Chinese Islamic Cultural and Educational Foundation (CICEF; Chinese: 中國回教教育文化基金會; pinyin: Zhōngguó Huíjiào Jiàoyù Wénhuà Jījīn Huì) is an organization of Chinese Muslims in the Republic of China. It is the first cultural foundation for Islamic education in Taiwan. The association is based in the Taipei Grand Mosque in Taipei.
The foundation has been doing several activities such as propagating and preaching Islamic culture and doctrine, providing scholarships for the needy students, sponsoring the translation of Islamic scriptures and promoting communication and cooperation among Muslims around the world.
They also present awards to people who contribute to Islamic affairs, whose written works promote Islamic scholarship, have made significant contribution in national, religious and social work or who serve as Islamic youth model.
Composition of the foundation is:
- Board of directors
- Board chairman
- Executive board
- Executive secretary
- Office for international culture and education
- Office of academic
- Office of youth activity
- Office for library
- Office of finance
- Islam in Taiwan
- List of mosques in Taiwan
- Chinese Muslim Association
- Chinese Muslim Youth League
- Taiwan Halal Integrity Development Association
- "Chinese Islamic Cultural and Educational Foundation - 台灣大百科全書 Encyclopedia of Taiwan". Taiwanpedia.culture.tw. 2014-03-11. Retrieved 2014-04-21.