Chinese Man is composed of DJ Marseille Zé Mateo and High Ku and beatmaker SLY. Beatmakers Leo le Bug and Le Yan also revolve around the group and participate in the composition of several pieces. Frequent live additions to the crew include Taiwan MC and MC Youthstar. The group became known through the song "I've Got That Tune" which was chosen by Mercedes-Benz for its promotional campaign and by the French Film Festival in Hong Kong as its theme.
Chinese Man have received criticism for their name, cultural appropriation and whitewashing. The group is composed of three Caucasian men. The titular character for their music video "Miss Chang" is portrayed by Caucasian actress Clémentine Baert. There were protests in Canada during their 2018 North American tour. The group said their name stemmed from random conversations.
- 2005 : The Bootlegs Sessions
- 2007 : The Groove Sessions Volume 1
- 2009 : The Groove Sessions Volume 2
- 2011 : Racing With The Sun
- 2012 : Remix With The Sun
- The Mourning Son (feat. Jeru the Damaja)
- One Past (OBF Remix)
- Saudade (feat. Femi Kuti / Liliboy)
- Stand! extended version (feat. Plex Rock)
- Racing With The Sun (Deluxe Remix)
- Down (Scratch Bandits Crew Remix): used by "Le Before" of Le Grand Journal of Canal + in its Title sequence
- In My Room (feat. Chali 2Na)
- Get up (feat. Lush One / Plex Rock / Ex-I) (LeYan & Tomapam Remix)
- Ta Bom (feat. Tumi / General Electriks)
- Miss Chang (feat. Taiwan MC / Cyph4) (Tha Trickaz Remix)
- Racing With The Sun (Iration Steppas Remix)
- In My Room (DJ Suv Remix)
- The King (The Libra Priest Suite) (DJ Simbad Remix)
- 2012 : Live à la Cigale
- 2014 : The Groove Sessions Volume 3
- 2015 : Sho-Bro
- 2015 : The Journey
- 2017 : Shikantaza
- Liar (feat. Kendra Morris & Dillon Cooper)
- Step Back
- The New Crown (feat. A-F-R-O, A.S.M & Taiwan MC)
- Stone Cold (feat. Mariama)
- Modern Slave (feat. R.A. The Rugged Man)
- What You You Need (feat Vinnie Dewayne, Myke Bogan & Tre Redeau)
- Blah! (feat Youthstar, Taiwan MC & Illaman)
- Golden Age
- Good night
Maxi vinyls Chinese Man
- 2004 : The Pandi Groove EP, 4 tracks
- 2006 : The Bunni Groove EP, 6 tracks including "I've Got That Tune"
- 2007 : The Indi Groove EP, 5 tracks
- 2008 : The Groove Sessions Vol.1, 14 tracks
- 2009 : Hong Kong Dragon Speaking EP, 4 tracks
- 2009 : The Groove Sessions Vol.2, 16 tracks
- 2011 : Miss Chang EP, 4 tracks
- 2012 : Racing + Remix With the Sun, 26 tracks
- 2014 : Once upon a time EP
- 2014 : The Groove Sessions Vol.3, 14 tracks
Maxi vinyls solos (label Chinese Man Records)
- 2008 : SLY- Small City Music EP, 8 tracks
- 2008 : Leo Le Bug - Le Pudding EP, 4 tracks
- 2010 : Leo Le Bug / LeYan - Split EP, 8 tracks
- 2012 : Deluxe - Polishing Peanuts, 6 tracks
- 2013 : Deluxe - Daniel, 4 tracks
- 2013 : Deluxe - The Deluxe Family Show, 12 tracks
- 2013 : LeYan & TomaPam - Sputnik Moment, 45T 2 tracks
- Birchmeier, Jason. "Chinese Man". allmusic.com. Retrieved 10 December 2013.
- "Chinese Man Records Label". chinesemanrecords.com/. Retrieved 10 December 2013.
- "Chinese Man Records* – The Groove Sessions Volume 1 : 2004-2007". discogs.com. Retrieved 10 December 2013.
- "Chinese Man - I've Got That Tune". youtube.com. Retrieved 10 December 2013.
- "Chinese Man". itunes.apple.com. Retrieved 10 December 2013.
- Chew, Erin (March 29, 2018). "Vancouver Protests Planned Against French Band CHINESE MAN Because It Is All White". YOMYOMF. Retrieved 3 April 2018.
- "Manifestation against "Chinese Man"". ICI Tele (in French). April 1, 2018. Retrieved 3 April 2018.
- Sunderraman, Shruti (February 25, 2016). "Chat In The Cafe With The Band, Chinese Man, About Their Journey Through India, Life And Music". Polka Cafe. Retrieved 3 April 2018.
- Title sequence of "Le Before" of Le Grand Journal of Canal + https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhKqK3ybJcQ