Chinkara Motors logo
|Industry||automotive, marine, aviation, ATV|
|Headquarters||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
Chinkara Motors is a Mumbai, Maharashtra-based auto, marine, ATV and aviation manufacturer. Chingara makes a 2-seat sports car called the Chinkara Roadster 1.8S, and the Jeepster, a classic 1940s Jeep look-alike. The vehicles are developed at Alibag near Mumbai, India.
Chinkara Roadster 1.8S
The Chinkara Roadster is derived from the Lotus 7. standing for ‘schnell’ or ‘fast’ in German. The car is put together out of parts from various Indian cars, including the Maruti 800 and the now defunct Standard Herald. While this allows the car to be reasonably advanced, it allows the use of intermediate technology to compete with a western equivalent that may be more an advanced. For example, news articles on the car say it uses MacPherson struts front and rear taken from a Maruti Alto. The Roadster is available in several levels of tuning.
- Price: INR 740,000 (excluding taxes)
- Engine: In-line, Isuzu 4 cylinder, 1.8 liter/1816 cc (Petrol), 116 PS (85 kW; 114 hp) @ 5000 rpm, 135 N·m (100 lb·ft) @ 3000 rpm
- Transmission: Five-speed Manual
- Brakes: Ventilated disc (front and rear)
- Tyres: Front - 205/50 R16, Rear - 225/50 R15 Goodyear F1 tubeless
- Performance: 6.7sec 0–100 km/h, 187 km/h, 13kmpl (all figures claimed)
- Length: 3,560 mm (140.2 in)
- Width: 1,760 mm (69.3 in)
- Height: 1,280 mm (50.4 in)
- Weight: 745 kg (1,642 lb)
- Hammer - a sandrail fast attack vehicle for the Indian defence forces
- Rockster - All-terrain vehicle
- Beachster - Dune buggy
- Sailster - Wind-powered land vehicle
- Mobile homes
The Marine division specializes in the manufacture of Fiber-Reinforced Plastic multi-hull (Catamarans & Trimarans) watercraft. They make both powered and sailboat catamarans and powered trimarans Chinkara also builds the Wave Striker power catamaran and Predator powered trimaran work boats.
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (November 2013)|