Chinook Park, Calgary
|• Mayor||Naheed Nenshi|
|• Administrative body||Calgary City Council|
|• Councillor||Jeromy Farkas|
|• Total||0.6 km2 (0.2 sq mi)|
|Elevation||1,070 m (3,510 ft)|
|• Average Income||$88,357|
|Website||Chinook Park Community Association|
Chinook Park is a residential neighbourhood in the southwest quadrant of Calgary, Alberta. It is bounded by Glenmore Trail to the north, Elbow Drive to the east, 14 Street W to the west and Heritage Drive to the south.
In the City of Calgary's 2012 municipal census, Chinook Park had a population of 1,707 living in 589 dwellings, a 0.2% increase from its 2011 population of 1,703. With a land area of 0.6 km2 (0.23 sq mi), it had a population density of 2,850/km2 (7,400/sq mi) in 2012.
Residents in this community had a median household income of $88,357 in 2000, and there were 9.7% low income residents living in the neighbourhood. As of 2000, 19.8% of the residents were immigrants. A proportion of 18.3% of the buildings were condominiums or apartments, and 17.5% of the housing was used for renting.
The community is served by Chinook Park Bilingual Elementary and Henry Wise Wood Senior High public schools.
- "Calgary Elections". City of Calgary. 2017. Retrieved November 12, 2017.
- City of Calgary (2006). "Chinook Park Community Statistics" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2008-04-11. Retrieved 2007-05-10.
- "2012 Civic Census Results" (PDF). City of Calgary. 2012. Retrieved February 4, 2013.
- "Community Boundaries" (Esri shapefile). City of Calgary. Retrieved February 5, 2013.
- City of Calgary (2004). "Ward 11 Profile" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2007-08-09. Retrieved 2007-05-10.
|This Calgary-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|