|Produced by||Nallamalupu Bujji|
|Cinematography||K. Ravindra Babu|
|Edited by||Sreekar Prasad|
Lakshmi Narasimha Productions
Chintakayala Ravi....Software Engineer is a 2008 Telugu romantic comedy produced by Nallamalupu Bujji, and directed by Yogi. The cross over cinema, starring Venkatesh, Anushka Shetty, Mamta Mohandas in lead roles and Jr. NTR in a cameo appearance, with songs composed by Vishal-Shekhar and background score composed by Mani Sharma. It did well at the box office and became a hit for that year. The film was later dubbed into Hindi as Hitech Khiladi by Aditya Music India Pvt Ltd in 2011.
Chintakayala Ravi (Venkatesh) works in a bar named Cyber Wave in New York. He is a head waiter; he works with his three friends who also are the waiter at the same bar. He has a soft spot for software engineers because he came to the US with the dream of becoming a software pro. Unavoidable circumstances prevented him from reaching that goal.
His mother Seshamamba (Lakskmi) tells everybody in her village in Andhra Pradesh that her son is a big software engineer in America. Ravi is hit hard with a sentiment; for the sole reason of not wanting to hurt his mother's feelings, he continues to tell her the sweet lie that he truly is a software engineer in America.
However, problems arise when Seshamamba gets ready to marry her son to Lavanya (Mamta Mohandas), a local village girl because Lavanya believes Seshamamba when she says that Ravi is a software engineer. So, when Lavanya asks her childhood buddy, Sunitha (Anushka), to enquire about Ravi, the truth comes out that he's a bar, waiter. Her family gets angry that Ravi's family lied to them, and when Ravi arrives in the village for betrothal, he is subjected to humiliation. What happens later forms the remaining story.
He troubles Sunitha because she had got her information wrong about Ravi when she understands how a good person Ravi is when he saves her father. Throughout the movie, Ravi and Sunitha become good friends and Ravi plans to find a guy for Sunitha to marry. She aims to rejoin Ravi & Lavanya, but however, it didn't work out. Ravi had saved Srikanth's life while he was in America. Srikanth comes to Lavanya home tries to convince her parents, explaining Ravi is a good person. As Srikanth joins hands with Lavanya parents about Ravi marriage with Lavanya. Ravi and Sunitha fall in love with each other. Both love each other and isn't known until the time of Ravi and Lavanya marriage while an hour waits before Ravi marries Lavanya. Ravi's hidden secret is known and ends off with Ravi marrying Sunitha.
- Venkatesh as Chintakayala Ravi
- Anushka Shetty as Sunitha
- Mamta Mohandas as Mavidikayala Lavanya
- Venu Thottempudi as Srikanth
- Shayaji Shinde as Mavidikayala Ramachandra Rao
- Chandra Mohan as Chintakayala Govinda Rao
- Brahmanandam as Pinky
- Sunil as Pendurthi Babu
- Ali as Nachimi
- Dharmavarapu Subramanyam as Venky Doors / Duwaram Venteswarulu
- M. S. Narayana as Anjineelu
- Venu Madhav as Sai
- Chalapathi Rao as Sunitha's father
- Raghu Babu as Krishna Reddy
- Ajay as Ajay
- Ravi Prakash as Karthik
- Srinivasa Reddy as Giri
- Satyam Rajesh as Devudu
- Bandla Ganesh as Bhaskar
- Nikita Thukral as Pooja / Poo
- Lakshmi as Chintakayala Seshamamba
- Pradeep Shakthi
- Rajendra as Sarath
- Anitha Nath
- Srilalitha as Srivalli
- Vijaya Madhavi
- Master Bharat Kumar as Bharath
- Rajiv Kanakala as Sunitha's to-be groom (cameo)
- Aarti Chhabria as item number
- NTR Jr. guest appearance in song "Shava Shava Bhalle Bhalle"
|Film score by Vishal-Shekhar|
|1.||"Bagundey Bagundey"||Vijay Prakash, Hamsika Iyer||5:21|
|2.||"Oh Sunitha"||Shankar Mahadevan||3:46|
|3.||"Shava Shava Bhalle Bhalle"||Shankar Mahadevan, Mahalakshmi Iyer||4:15|
|4.||"Merupula"||Rajesh, Shreya Ghoshal||4:50|
|5.||"Enduko"||Sonu Nigam, Mahalakshmi Iyer||4:44|
|6.||"Valla Valla"||KK, Sunidhi Chauhan||5:17|
- Filmfare Best Music Director Award (Telugu) - Vishal-Shekhar
- Filmfare Best Female Playback Award (Telugu) - Shreya Ghoshal - "Merupulaa"
- Filmfare Best Lyricist Award (Telugu) - Chandrabose - "Enduko"