From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up chippy in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Chippy may refer to:
- A shop serving the traditional British dish fish and chips
- (UK) British Army slang for a soldier in a unit perceived as being generic and replaceable (see above)
- (UK) Royal Air Force's affectionate nickname for the De Havilland Chipmunk trainer
- A slang term for a carpenter
- A slang term for a prostitute
- Chippy (album), an album of songs from a play of the same name
- Mrs. Chippy, a cat who accompanied Sir Ernest Shackleton's Imperial Trans-Antarctic Expedition of 1914–17
- Zippy Chippy, a racehorse who has lost over 100 races
- Chippy (actress) (born 1975), Indian actress in Malayalam and Kannada films
- A brand of corn chips in the Philippines made by Universal Robina
People nicknamed "Chippy"
- Chippy McGarr (1863–1904), American baseball player
- Chippy Simmons (1878–1937), English footballer
- David "Chippy" Robinson (1897–1967), American Prohibition-era gangster
- Harry McNish (1874–1930), carpenter on Sir Ernest Shackleton's Imperial Trans-Antarctic Expedition of 1914–1917
- Liam Brady (born 1956), Irish footballer
- Peter Frilingos (1944–2004), Australian sports journalist
- Willie Naughton (footballer, born 1962) (born 1868), Scottish footballer
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Chippy.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.