Location of Rugged Island in the South Shetland Islands.
Location in Antarctica
|Archipelago||South Shetland Islands|
|Length||0.4 km (0.25 mi)|
|Administered under the Antarctic Treaty System|
Chiprovtsi Point (Bulgarian: нос Чипровци, ‘Nos Chiprovtsi’ \'nos 'chi-prov-tsi\) is a point projecting 400 m (440 yd) northwestwards from the north coast of Rugged Island off the west coast of Byers Peninsula of Livingston Island in the South Shetland Islands, Antarctica, and forming the east side of the entrance to Nishava Cove. It is extended further 400 m (440 yd) northwestwards by the group of Chiprovtsi Islets, which are centred at and named in association with the point.
Chiprovtsi Point is located at Simitli Point, 1.75 km (1.09 mi) east-southeast of Cape Sheffield, and 3.9 km southwest of Start Point, Livingston Island. British mapping in 1968, Spanish in 1992 and Bulgarian in 2009., which is 1.16 km (0.72 mi) west of
- Composite Antarctic Gazetteer
- List of Antarctic islands south of 60° S
- Territorial claims in Antarctica
- Península Byers, Isla Livingston. Mapa topográfico a escala 1:25000. Madrid: Servicio Geográfico del Ejército, 1992.
- L.L. Ivanov. Antarctica: Livingston Island and Greenwich, Robert, Snow and Smith Islands. Scale 1:120000 topographic map. Troyan: Manfred Wörner Foundation, 2009. ISBN 978-954-92032-6-4
This article includes information from the Antarctic Place-names Commission of Bulgaria which is used with permission.
|This Livingston Island location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|