|Genres||Country, Country pop, Pop, Schlager|
|Labels||Mariann Grammofon AB|
Chips finished 4th in the Swedish Melodifestivalen 1980 with the song "Mycke' mycke' mer", with Lars Westman, Lisa Magnusson, Mats Rådberg and Monica Silverstrand (back then Barwén) as background singers. After Melodifestivalen 1980, Britta "Tanja" Johansson also became a member. In 1980, the album Chips was released and shortly after this, Elisabeth Andreassen became a member. Just some weeks after this, they toured the former West Germany.
Under a new name Sweets 'n Chips, which they used since a dansband also said they owned the right for the name Chips, the group competed at the Swedish Melodifestivalen 1981, and finished second with the song "God morgon". A little bit later the group was reduced to two members, Danielsson and Andreassen although Holm stayed as songwriter.
After the 1982 Swedish Melodifestivalen success, the album Having a Party was released, and sold around 100,000 copies in Sweden. They toured the northern parts of Europe and had a successful 1982. However, the group split in 1983, due to limited success outside Sweden and Norway, and also because both members had solo careers.
- "Mycké, mycké mer" (1980)
- "High School" (1980)
- "God morgon" (1981)
- "Här kommer solen" (1982)
- "Dag efter dag" (1982)
- Britta Johansson (1979–1981)
- Elisabeth Andreassen (1980–1983)
- Kikki Danielsson (1979–1983)
- Lasse Holm (1979–1981, songwriter-only from 1982)
|Awards and achievements|
with "Fångad i en dröm"
| Sweden in the Eurovision Song Contest
- Hanna Othman (20 April 2015). "Eurovisionen år 1982" (in Swedish). Svenska yle. Retrieved 13 May 2018.
- "Svensktoppen 1980" (in Swedish). Sveriges Radio. 1980. Retrieved 14 March 2012.
- "Svensktoppen 1981" (in Swedish). Sveriges Radio. 1981. Retrieved 14 March 2012.
- "Svensktoppen 1982" (in Swedish). Sveriges Radio. 1982. Retrieved 14 March 2012.