This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Capitol Music (2005)|
FlyingStar Records (2010–present)
Yumi Nakashima - Guitar, Vocals |
Eikichi Iwai - Bass
Kosaku Abe - Drums
Haruhito Miyashita - Guitar |
Natsuki Sakamoto - Guitar
The band name comes from one sentence of the classical Japanese alphabet “Iroha”, prounced Chi-ri-nu-ru-wo-wa-ka.
Initially, Nakashima was going to produce her second solo album. Through the recording of her previous work which is her first solo album Ten no Mikaku, she recognized that she cannot express herself other than the band-style. So she intended to produce the next solo album with a band. Nakashima wanted to form a serious band which incorporated young power and the band was to be formed. She first invited bassist Iwai, whom she was always interested in although knowing him only by a recorded performance, to GO!GO!7188’s tour, and she met him for the first time. She formally asked him to join the band. Then Nakashima chose drummer Abe who participated in the recording of her solo album after some sessions with several drummers. Finally Nakashima auditioned guitarists, and Miyashita who was 20 years old passed it.
On September 28, 2005, they released the first album "Iroha" from Toshiba EMI.
On May 15, 2006, they released the first single "Shingetsu" from BM tunes.
Miyashita left the band during hiatus.
In September, 2010, Chirinuruwowaka resumed activity with new guitarist Natsuki Sakamoto.
In early 2016 it was announced that guitarist Natsuki Sakamoto had left the band. The band has decided to carry on as a three piece and will be releasing a new album in May.
- Yumi Nakashima (中島優美 Nakashima Yumi, born December 1, 1979, Kagoshima-shi, Kagoshima), guitar and vocals. She is a member of GO!GO!7188.
- Eikichi Iwai (イワイエイキチ Iwai Eikichi, born May 9, 1969, Kitakyūshū-shi, Fukuoka), bass guitar. He is a session bassist and a music producer. He worked with various musicians such as Shiina Ringo, Hiroshi Takano, Suneohair, Acidman, Yui.
- Kōsaku Abe (阿部耕作 Abe Kōsaku, born July 30, 1966, Kanagawa), drums. He is a member of The Collectors, a member of Love Jets, and a member of Texa Staxis.
- Haruhito Miyashita (宮下治人 Miyashita Haruhito, born February 8, 1985, Nagano), guitar. He is a member of Mimitto.
- Natsuki Sakamoto (坂本夏樹 Sakamoto Natsuki, born August 28, 1985, Wakayama), guitar.
- Iroha (イロハ), 2005.09.28
- Shiro Ana (白穴), 2011.04.20
- Akayoroshi (あ可よろし), 2012.04.27
- Unplugged ～ Official pirate version～(あんぷらぐど～オフィシャル海賊版～), 2013
- Anarogu (アナログ), 2013.04.20
- It, 2014.04.25
- Awo Awo, 2015.04.22
- Show Time, 2016.05.13
- Kimi no Mirai ni You ga Aru (きみの未来に用がある), 2017.05.10
- White Hall
- often stylized as CHIRINURUWOWAKA