Salud in 2014
|Born||Angelico Tiu Salud
June 17, 1962
|Alma mater||Ateneo de Manila University
University of the Philippines
|Occupation||Lawyer, sports executive|
|Spouse(s)||Gretchen P. Salud|
Angelico Tiu Salud (born June 17, 1962), better known as Chito Salud, is a Filipino lawyer and sports executive. He was the first president and CEO of the Philippine Basketball Association and previously served as its eighth commissioner. He is the son of Rudy Salud, who was the commissioner of the PBA from 1988 to 1992.
Prior to his involvement with the PBA, Salud has had extensive work experience in both government and private sectors:
- Appointed President of the National Home Mortgage Finance Corporation, a government owned and controlled corporation (GOCC), in September 2000 by former President Joseph Estrada.
- Appointed as President of the Natural Resources Development Corporation, another GOCC.
- Served as legal consultant for the Office of the Mayor in Makati City.
- Member of his father’s organization called Volunteer Movement for Good Governance.
- Served as independent director of Petron Corporation.
On August 2010, it was announced that Salud would succeed Sonny Barrios as PBA commissioner. He officially took over on August 26, 2010. He institutionalized various developments in the league during his five-year term.
On February 15, 2015, Salud announced that he will resign as commissioner of the league by the end of the 2014-2015 season due to personal reasons. However, on March 7, 2015 during the 2015 PBA All-Star Weekend in Palawan, PBA chairman Patrick Gregorio announced that the PBA Board of Governors has appointed Salud to be the first president and CEO of the PBA, whose task includes corporate communications, finance, marketing, administrative, human resources and legal relations, which Salud accepted.
- Barrios leaves pro league in good health, Nelson Beltran, Philippine Star, August 21, 2010
- INFOGRAPHIC: Chito Salud to leave legacy of success in PBA, Gatpandan, Mix, Rivals.ph, February 15, 2015
- "PBA commissioner Chito Salud announces plan to step down at end of season". interaksyon.com. February 13, 2015. Retrieved February 15, 2015.
- "FROM COMMISSIONER TO PRESIDENT/CEO".
- "Salud resigns as PBA president; Board set to meet". Philippine Star. Retrieved 1 December 2015.