|Former editors||Harkisan Mehta (1958-1998)|
History and profile
Chitralekha's first issue was published in 1950, under the editorship of Vaju Kotak. The magazine is part of the Chitralekha Group from Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. It is jointly published by Chitralekha and #BANNER1 & # Group.
It has given rise to many prominent Gujarati columnists including Kanti Bhatt, Chandrakant Bakshi, Taarak Mehta, and others. After the death of founding editor Vaju Kotak in 1958, Madhuri Kotak took charge of the magazine along with Harkisan Mehta, who edited it till 1998.
The Chitralekha Group publishes several other magazines, including Watch World (a niche magazine focused on Watches) and BTW (By The Way - a lifestyle magazine circulated with Chitralekha Gujarati).
- "Chitralekha Group to launch its first women's magazine". Afaqs. 13 August 2001. Retrieved 30 July 2015.
- "'Chitralekha Gujarati' goes to the US". Afaqs. 16 January 2006. Retrieved 25 December 2016.
- "Chitralekha – Indian Stamp". stampX. 20 April 2011. Retrieved 30 July 2015.
- Who's Who in India. Guide Publications. 1986.
- Department of Posts 2011 Stamps, Indian Postal Service, 2011.
|This news magazine or journal-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.
See tips for writing articles about magazines. Further suggestions might be found on the article's talk page.