||This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (April 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Occupation||Hockey player, Actress|
|Parent(s)||Tirath Singh Rawat (father)
Yashoda Rawat (mother)
Chitrashi Rawat is a former Indian hockey player, film actress and television presenter. She began playing hockey as a left-striker at the age of 17 for Uttarakhand state in India. Her film career began in 2007, when she starred as Komal Chautala, a member of the Indian women's national hockey team, in the movie Chak De India.
Chitrashi had a craze for playing hockey since childhood, and at the age of 17, began playing as left striker for Uttarakhand state in India. She was picked for the role of a hockey player in the movie Chak De! India by the producers after an audition in Jabalpur. The film turned out to be Blockbuster worldwide, and Chitrashi shot to fame. In 2008, she starred in her second venture, Fashion. The film was a success at the box office, however managed to succeed at critical acclaim. She had a main role in the 2009 action film, Luck opposite superstars Sanjay Dutt, Imran Khan, Shruti Hassan, Mithun Chakraborty, Ravi Kissen and many others. Luck also received critical acclaim, but did average business at the box office.
Rawat is a former student of the Guru Nanak Academy. Daughter of T. S. Rawat, a resident of Raipur, Uttarakhand, Chitrashi regularly represents the Uttarakhand hockey team in the national championships. Currently, she is studying at St Andrew FYBMM pursuing her bachelor's degree in mass media. She has campaigned for Minute Maid pulpy orange, along with co-stars Vidya Malvade and Sagarika Ghatge.
She hails from Dehradun. She is also hosting Star Gold's Sabse Favourite Kaun. She was also a contestant in a Comedy Circus 2 of Optimystix. She has acted in Madhur Bhandarkar's Fashion as Shomu and recently as 'Shortkut' in the 2009 action thriller movie titled Luck. She subsequently participated in Iss Jungle Se Mujhe Bachao, Indian remake of I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here!.
- Chak De! India as Komal Chautala
- Fashion as Shomu
- Luck as Shortcut
- Yeh Dooriyan
- Tere Naal Love Ho Gaya as Dhani
- Prem Mayee as Shrishti
- Black Home as Mirchi
- Hogaya Dimaagh Ka Dahi as saara
- Sabse Favorite Kaun as the Host
- Iss Jungle Se Mujhe Bachao as Herself
- F.I.R. as Inspector Jwalamukhi Chautala
- Comedy Circus 2 as Herself/Participant
- Tu Mera Hero as rajnigandha
- Star Screen Award as a Most promising actor in supporting role in Chak de
- Stardust Award as a Break through performance in Chak de
- "Zee Cine Award" as a Best supporting actor in Chak de
- Apsara Award as a best supporting actor in Chak de
- Stardust Award as a break through performance in Luck