Abahani Limited (Chittagong)
|Full name||Chittagong Abahani Limited|
|Nickname(s)||Ctg Sky Blues
(Bengali: চট্টলার আকাশী নীল)
|Ground||MA Aziz Stadium
|Chairman||Tarafder MD Ruhul Amin|
|Head coach||Saiful Bari Titu|
|League||Bangladesh Football Premier League|
Chittagong Abahani Limited (Bengali: আবাহনী লিমিটেড) is a sports club in Bangladesh.The club was established at Dhaka in 1972 through reorganisation of Iqbal Sporting Club. Within a short time, the club gained fame through commendable performances in hockey, cricket and football tournaments. A wing of Abahani Limited was established in Chittagong known as Chittagong Abahani. It is currently a team of Bangladesh Premier League.
The team was relegated from Bangladesh Premier League in 2010–11 season. It again gained the promotion to Premier League by becoming champion of 2013 Bangladesh Championship League. The club host Sheikh Kamal International Club Cup tournament every year in memories of their founder. They won the inaugural edition of the tournament in 2015. The club won their first major domestic trophy in 2016 by winning 2016 Independence Cup under guidance of Slovakian coach Jozef Pavlik.
Chittagong Abahani Limited Squad for 2016–17 season.
Note: Flags indicate national team as defined under FIFA eligibility rules. Players may hold more than one non-FIFA nationality.
As of May 2017
|Head Coach||Saiful Bari Titu|
|Assistant Coach||Julfiker Mahmud Mintu|
|Goalkeeping Coach||A K M Nuruzzaman|
- Asaduzzaman Jhontu (2015)
- Shafiqul Islam Manik (October 2015-January 2016)
- Jozef Pavlik (March 2016-August 2016)
- Julfiker Mahmud Mintu (September 2016-December 2016)
- Saiful Bari Titu (January 2017–present)
Premier League history
|2012–13||Did not qualify|
- "Sheikh Kamal Int'l Club Cup football tournament kicks off Oct 20". www.dhakatribune.com. Retrieved 14 January 2016.
- "Hasina says Chittagong Abahani created history in Bangladesh football". bdnews24.com. Retrieved 14 January 2016.