Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University
|Veterinary College/ Veterinary Varsity|
|Established||7 August, 2006|
|Chancellor||President Abdul Hamid|
|Vice-Chancellor||Professor Dr. Goutam Buddha Das|
Prof. Dr. Ahasanul Hoque(FVM)
Prof. Dr. Kh. Nurul Islam(FST)Prof. Dr. Mohammed Nurul Absar Khan(FOF)
|Location||Khulsi, Chittagong, Bangladesh|
Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University (CVASU) (Bengali: চট্টগ্রাম ভেটেরিনারি ও এনিম্যাল সাইন্সেস বিশ্ববিদ্যালয়) is a public university in Bangladesh. It is located at Khulshi, Chittagong. The chancellor of the university is president Abdul Hamid.
The fifth Annual Scientific Conference of Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University was held in 2007.
Chittagong Veterinary And Animal Sciences University(CVASU) was established as "Chittagong Government Veterinary College (CGVC)" in the year of 1995-96."Chittagong Government Veterinary College (CGVC)" started it's journey in "January 1996" by admitting 50 students in its first academic session under the affiliation of "Faculty of Science" of University of Chittagong."Chittagong Government Veterinary College (CGVC) was upgraded to Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University(CVASU) on August 7, 2006; under the CVASU act, 2006. 
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (D.V.M.): five years including a one-year internship (off-campus work-based learning). The D.V.M. course consists of 25% animal production, 10% social science courses and the remaining is for veterinary disciplines.
- B.Sc. Honours in Food Science & Technology (FST)
- B.Sc. Honours in Fisheries (FF)
- Master of Science (M.S.):
- Faculty of Veterinary Medicine
- Faculty of Food Science & Technology
- Faculty of Fisheries
Faculty of Veterinary Medicine
- Department of Anatomy & Histology
- Department of Animal Science & Nutrition
- Department of Agricultural Economics and Social Science
- Department of Dairy & Poultry Science
- Department of Genetics & Animal Breeding
- Department of Medicine & Surgery
- Department of Microbiology & Veterinary Public Health
- Department of Pathology & Parasitology
- Department of Physiology, Biochemistry & Pharmacology
Faculty of Food Science & Technology
- Department of Applied Chemistry & Chemical Technology
- Department of Physical & Mathematical Science
- Department of Applied Food science & Nutrition
- Department of Food Processing & engineering
Faculty of Fisheries
- Department of Aquaculture
- Department of Fisheries Resources Management
- Department of Fishing & Post Harvest Technology
- Department of Marine Bio-Resources Science
- Department of Fish Biology & Biotechnology
The undergraduate study programme, with a compulsory 1 year internship in different placements which was inaugurated by this university, is a major breakthrough in the veterinary education policy in Bangladesh. Since its establishment students are regularly doing their one month internship at Madras veterinary college under TANUVAS, recently the university has started to send their student for doing internship at Tufts University, USA. The university is thought to be one of the fastest growing universities in the country particularly for its effort on research. A significant number of its alumni are studying in abroad and published research articles in different prestigious journals.
Research, Training and Extension (R&D)
As part of its aim to built it as a centre of excellence in teaching and research, CVASU is has been working and looking forward to develop and focusing research activities and resources to support and keeping its faculty members at the forefront of new technologies and development in the field of Veterinary education quality enhancement, Livestock development and applied policy support, feed and feed technological innovation, application of advanced molecular techniques in disease diagnosis, Industry-Institute partnership and multidisciplinary research.
Primarily CVASU aims to project their research activities upon the multidisciplinary areas of Animal health, Production and Veterinary extension services. The faculty members are therefore, grouped into 3 basic research group including Small Animal and poultry health and production, Large Animal health and production and a Socio- economic group to assist the other two groups in executing, analyzing and extension of their research findings. However, at this stage of development a number of national and international funded research project have completed funded by Higher Education Link (DFID), UK, British Council, PLDP, BARC, and various research projects are ongoing funded by Higher Education Quality Enhancement Project (HEQEP) by UGC, BARC, RFLDC through DANIDA, BAS-USDA, FAO.
Poultry Research and Training Centre (PRTC)
The Poultry Research and Training Centre (PRTC) has been established on 11 March 2008 with the financial support from Agricultural Sector Programme Support (ASPS) II of Danida at the Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University (CVASU) campus, within the legal framework of the university Act 2006 (Act 30 of 2006). PRTC is an autonomous institution, in accordance with the provision of the university Act July 16, Sunday, 2006.