Company headquarters building
|Traded as||TYO: 6366|
|Founded||(January 20, 1948)|
(President and CEO)
|Revenue||JPY 603.7 billion (FY 2016) (US$ 5.56 billion) (FY 2016)|
|JPY 15.7 billion (FY 2016) (US$ 144.49 million) (FY 2016)|
Number of employees
|6,097 (as of March 31, 2015)|
|Footnotes / references|
Chiyoda Corporation (千代田化工建設株式会社 Chiyoda Kakō Kensetsu Kabushiki-kaisha) is a global engineering company specialized in oil and gas midstream for gas processing and LNG, downstream refinery and petrochemicals facilities design and construction. Chiyoda is headquartered in Yokohoma, Japan with engineering offices abroad. The majority of Chiyoda's business takes place outside Japan, including the United States, Canada, Latin America, Middle East, Africa, Russia, FSU, South East Asia and Australia.
Chiyoda was established as part of Mitsubishi Oil in 1948, and was spun off from its parent and went public in 1957.
In the late 1960s it built the Jeddah and Riyadh refineries in Saudi Arabia; at present its large projects include LNG plants in Qatar, the Sakhalin-II project in eastern Russia, and a variety of specialist-chemical and pharmaceutical plants in Japan itself.
In pursuit of “Energy and Environment in Harmony”, Chiyoda is an integrated engineering enterprise. Since its establishment in 1948, Chiyoda's business field has covered energy such as oil and gas industry and chemicals, environment, energy conservation, industrial facilities and life science.
Chiyoda now engages in numerous Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) and other type of projects around the world.
For the past several years, Chiyoda has been very active in EPC projects in Americas with its wholly owned subsidiary Chiyoda International Corporation headquartered in Houston, TX.
- "Corporate Profile". Chiyoda Corporation. Retrieved January 26, 2016.
- "Company Profile". Bloomberg Businessweek. Bloomberg L.P. Retrieved January 26, 2016.
- "Company Information". Hoover's. Retrieved February 9, 2016.
- J. A. Allan; Kaoru Sugihara (August 18, 2005). Japan and the Contemporary Middle East. Routledge. p. 47. ISBN 978-1-134-90444-0.
- "Company Profile". Gulf Oil & Gas. Retrieved February 9, 2016.
- Official website (in English)
- "Company history books (Shashi)". Shashi Interest Group. February 27, 2017. Wiki collection of company history books on Chiyoda Corporation.