Bennet in 2016.
April 18, 1992
Chicago, Illinois, United States
(Chinese; pinyin: Wāng Kěyíng)
Chloe Bennet (born Chloe Wang; April 18, 1992) is an American actress and former singer. She is known for her role as Daisy Johnson (formerly known as Skye) in the ABC spy-fi series Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
Bennet was born in Chicago, Illinois, the daughter of Stephanie, an internist, and Bennet Wang, an investment banker. Her father is Chinese American. She has six brothers: three biological, two foster, and one adopted. Two of her brothers are African American and one is Mexican-Filipino. She attended St. Ignatius College Prep. At 15, she moved to China to pursue a singing career, under the name Chloe Wang (汪可盈).
While in China, Bennet lived with her Shanghainese paternal grandmother in Shanghai, and studied Mandarin. She released her debut single "Uh Oh" in both English and Mandarin, followed by "Every Day In Between" solely in English. She then moved to Los Angeles, California. Her first on-screen appearance was as a host for the short-lived TeenNick summer dance series The Nightlife. She appeared in the 2011 music video for South Korean band BIGBANG's extended play musical recording Tonight.
While pursuing an acting career in Hollywood, she changed her name to "Chloe Bennet", after having trouble booking gigs with her last name.
In December 2012, Bennet was cast as a series regular on the ABC series Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. which premiered on September 24, 2013. She portrayed the character Skye, whose true identity was revealed to be Daisy Johnson during the show's second season.
|2014||Nostradamus||Lane Fisher||Short film|
|2015||Tinker Bell and the Legend of the NeverBeast||Chase||Voice, direct-to-video|
|2010||The Nightlife||Herself / Host||As Chloe Wang|
|2012||Intercept||Tess||Failed ABC Family pilot|
|2013–present||Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.||Daisy Johnson / Quake||Main cast; all 66 episodes|
|2015||Jake and the Never Land Pirates||Swifty||Voice; Episode: "Flight of the Feathers/Captain Hookity Hook"|
- "Uh Oh" (English Version) (2011)
- "Uh Oh" (Chinese Version) (2011)
- "Every Day in Between" (2011)
- 《神盾局》公布主角造型照 汪可盈饰演黑客斯凯 ['SHIELD' announced; Wang Keying plays hacker spy] (in Chinese). QQ.com. Tencent Entertainment News. August 23, 2013. Archived from the original on October 13, 2013. Retrieved August 29, 2013. (Google translation)
- 汪可盈 [Wang Keying] (in Chinese). Baidu. Retrieved August 29, 2013. (Google translation)
- "Chloe Bennett". TVGuide.com. Archived from the original on September 6, 2015. Retrieved September 30, 2015.
- Bennet, Chloe (May 15, 2013). "Just for the record I just turned 21 in April! I'm not 22!". Twitter. Archived from the original on August 26, 2015. Retrieved August 7, 2013.
- Crowder, Courtney (December 9, 2013). "Chloe Bennet brings humor and heart to 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.'". Chicago Tribune. Archived from the original on July 7, 2015. Retrieved September 30, 2015.
- Hiltbrand, David (November 12, 2013). "Chloe Bennet out to impress the guys". Philadelphia Inquirer. Archived from the original on December 18, 2014. Retrieved May 12, 2014.
- Wong, Tony (May 11, 2014). "Actress Chloe Bennet says changing her name changed her luck". The Toronto Star. Archived from the original on October 22, 2014. Retrieved 12 May 2014.
- Goldberg, Lesley (December 19, 2012). "Joss Whedon's 'S.H.I.E.L.D.' Pilot Enlists 'Nashville' Actress (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter. Archived from the original on July 10, 2015.
- "Joss Whedon's S.H.I.E.L.D. Pilot Completes Casting With Nashville Actress". TVLine. December 19, 2012.
- "Marvel's S.H.I.E.L.D. Adds Chloe Bennett as Skye". MovieWeb. December 19, 2012.
- Johnson, Zach (20 September 2013). "Austin Nichols Dating Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.'s Chloe Bennet". eonline.com. Retrieved 4 March 2016.
- iTunes - Every Day in Between - Single by Chloé Wang
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Chloe Bennet.|