Chloe Coscarelli in 2012
|Born||Chloe Kay Coscarelli
October 14, 1987
Los Angeles, California, U.S.
|Occupation||Vegan chef, author|
Coscarelli committed herself to bring delicious, meat-free dishes to a mainstream audience. She was a contestant in Cupcake Wars, and her vegan cupcakes wowed the judges and garnered her first prize. Coscarelli is a graduate of UCB, where she discovered her love for cooking while sneaking baked goods into the library and making cakes for her friends. A summer internship at Millennium, a San Francisco gourmet vegan restaurant, led to a course of study at The Natural Gourmet Institute in New York City. Coscarelli followed that with entry into Cornell University's Plant-Based Nutrition program.
Coscarelli was featured in the Cooking Channel television documentary "The Veg Edge" and has appeared on NBC's The Today Show, CBS's The Doctors, VH1, CNN, HLN's Jane Velez-Mitchell Show, and the Fran Drescher Show. In 2012, Coscarelli published her first cookbook, entitled Chloe's Kitchen. In 2013, her second cookbook, Chloe's Vegan Desserts, was published. In 2014, her third cookbook, "Chloe's Vegan Italian Kitchen", was published. In July 2015, she opened her first vegan restaurant, "by CHLOE", on Bleecker St. in the West Village (New York, NY).
- "Office of Undergraduate Advising: Dean's Honor List Spring 2009". Ls-advise.berkeley.edu. 2011-02-08. Retrieved 2015-05-15.
- Miller, Liz (June 23, 2010). "Chloe’s Cupcake Wars". VegNews. Retrieved April 9, 2011.
- DuDell, Michael Parrish (June 24, 2010). "Vegan Rockstar Chef Wins Food Network’s ‘Cupcake Wars’". Ecorazzi. Retrieved April 9, 2011.
- Parker-Pope, Tara (November 4, 2010). "A Vegan Chef Dishes Up Thanksgiving". The New York Times. Retrieved April 9, 2011.
- Parker-Pope, Tara (September 6, 2010). "Tasty Vegan Food? Cupcakes Show It Can Be Done". The New York Times. Retrieved April 9, 2011.
|This biographical article related to television in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|