Chloe Madeley and Michael Zenezini on the Dancing on Ice tour in 2011
Chloe Susannah Madeley
13 July 1987
|Occupation||Television presenter, journalist, model, fitness expert|
James Haskell (m. 2018)
Early life and education
Madeley was born in Manchester. She was educated at King Alfred School, an independent school in Hampstead, in North West London, which she left in 2006 to attend Leeds Trinity & All Saints College (whose degrees were, at the time, awarded by Leeds University) in 2006–2007, where she lived in Kirkstall Halls. Madeley left the college after one term, saying she "was just so over the whole education thing".
Madeley first came to the public eye during a stint presenting Big Brother's Big Mouth with her brother Jack. Since then, Madeley has done numerous modelling shoots (including one with FHM magazine) and presenting jobs on Richard & Judy programmes, largely as a roaming reporter. In January 2009 she was named as the new face of Ultimo underwear.
In January 2010, Madeley participated in Celebrity Quitters, programme where five celebrities attempted to give up smoking using NRT (Nicotine Replacement Therapy).
In 2011, Madeley participated as a contestant on the skating show Dancing on Ice, paired with French skater Michael Zenezini. Madeley reached the final three of the competition which included former EastEnders actor, Sam Attwater, and children's television presenter, Laura Hamilton. She received third place in the competition.
In February 2019 Madeley appeared alongside her father and husband on the ITV programme Small Fortune hosted by Dermot O'Leary. They were playing for charity.
A keen fitness enthusiast, Madeley has trained and worked as a personal trainer and fitness instructor alongside her media work. In July 2013, Madeley launched FitnessFondue.com, a fitness and nutrition advice website in which she regularly posts tips, advice and her own success stories.
Madely has received significant criticism on social networking sites for posting selfies and promoting what some perceive to be an unrealistic athletic, muscular female body image on sites like Instagram. In response she has been outspoken against cyberbullying and trolling comments she has received online on national television, arguing: "I am not putting it out there saying women should look like me. I'm saying this is how I like to look."
On 16 August 2009, she was arrested and charged with drink driving after her car was found crashed, and rolled over on its roof, in north London. This was confirmed by the Metropolitan Police. The court heard that she had drank two cocktails before the crash, and her car clipped another vehicle and overturned. She was disqualified from driving for 20 months.
- "England & Wales Birth Index". Retrieved 11 February 2011.
- Richardson, Anne (4 February 2011). "Chloe Madeleys a model skater". The Sun. London.
- "Alfredians - 2006 Leavers (page 2)" (PDF). King Alfred School, London. Autumn 2006. Archived from the original (PDF) on 28 December 2014. Retrieved 28 December 2014.
- Chloe Finnigan to flee family nest, Digital Spy, 25 April 2009. Retrieved 1 July 2009.
- Chloe Madeley strips for shoot, Metro, 20 January 2009. Retrieved 1 July 2009.
- Reynolds, Simon (2 July 2008). "Chloe Madeley poses for lads mag". Digital Spy. Retrieved 1 July 2009.
- Chloe Madeley is the new face of Ultimo underwear Archived 26 July 2009 at the Wayback Machine, Wow.ie, 21 January 2009. Retrieved 1 July 2009.
- "Sam Attwater wins Dancing on Ice". BBC News . 28 March 2011. Retrieved 21 November 2011.
- "Fitness Fondue". July 2013.
- "Good Morning Britain: Chloe Madeley and Piers Morgan argue over body shaming 'flack' she gets". OK!. 27 April 2016. Retrieved 1 June 2016.
- "Madeley daughter on drink charge". BBC News. 18 August 2009. Retrieved 20 September 2019.
- "Driving ban for Madeley daughter". BBC News. 2 September 2009. Retrieved 20 September 2019.