Cho-airong railway station
|Location||Mu 1 (Ban Cho-airong), Chuap Subdistrict, Cho-airong District, Narathiwat|
|Owned by||State Railway of Thailand|
Cho-airong railway station is a railway station located in Chuap Subdistrict, Cho-airong District, Narathiwat. It is a class 2 railway station located 1,111.15 km (690.4 mi) from Thon Buri railway station.
South Thailand insurgency events
- On 3 January 2011, separatists planted a bomb near the railway between Pa Phai-Cho-airong, followed by shootings on 3 patrol soldiers. As a result, all 3 were seriously injured and sent to Cho-airong Hospital afterwards.
- On 8 June 2011, separatists shot locals at Cho-airong railway station before igniting a hidden bomb in a vegetable-selling stall, injuring 6 people. The injured people included locals, police, military volunteers and the assistant district officer of Cho-airong District.
- In May 2014, bombs exploded on 2 railway bridges within the Cho-airong Area, causing 1–2 days suspension of rail services in the area.
All events were part of the South Thailand Insurgency.
- Rapid No. 171/172 Bangkok-Sungai Kolok-Bangkok
- Rapid No. 175/176 Hat Yai Junction-Sungai Kolok-Hat Yai Junction
- Local No. 447/448 Surat Thani-Sungai Kolok-Surat Thani
- Local No. 451/452 Nakhon Si Thammarat-Sungai Kolok-Nakhon Si Thammarat
- Local No. 453/454 Yala-Sungai Kolok-Yala
- Local No. 463/464 Phatthalung-Sungai Kolok-Phatthalung
- "Rotfaithai.Com Forums-viewtopic-รวมข่าวเกี่ยวกับรถไฟใน 3 จังหวัดภาคใต้ (แก้ไขชื่อกระทู้)". portal.rotfaithai.com. Retrieved 11 August 2015.
- "ป่วนอีกแล้วโจรใต้บึ้มสะพานทำรถไฟใต้เป็นอัมพาต". Retrieved 11 August 2015.
- Ichirō, Kakizaki (2010). Ōkoku no tetsuro: tai tetsudō no rekishi. Kyōto: Kyōtodaigakugakujutsushuppankai. ISBN 978-4-87698-848-8.[page needed]
- Otohiro, Watanabe (2013). Tai kokutetsu yonsenkiro no tabi: shasō fūkei kanzen kiroku. Tōkyō: Bungeisha. ISBN 978-4-286-13041-5.[page needed]
|This Thai railroad station-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|