2018 in U.S. Department of State
|South Korean Ambassador to the United States|
|Assumed office |
30 August 2017
|Preceded by||Ahn Ho-young|
|Born||February 22, 1952 (age 67)|
Busan, South Korea
|Alma mater||Seoul National University|
Cho is known for his deep and wide expertise on the global economy and finance. Cho accumulated his experience in the economic and financial fields by working at such global organizations as the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development, and the International Monetary Fund. Cho served as Ambassador to the United Kingdom from 2005 to 2008 and as an economic adviser to former President Roh Moo-hyun from 2003 to 2005. He also headed Moon Jae-in's policy think tank during the 2017 Presidential election. He is also an honorary professor of international studies at Sogang University.
- "Prof. Cho Yoon-je named S. Korean ambassador to US". koreatimes. 2017-08-30. Retrieved 2019-01-31.
- Herald, The Korea (2017-11-15). "New Korean ambassador to US calls for strategic diplomacy". www.koreaherald.com. Retrieved 2019-01-31.
- www.csis.org https://www.csis.org/analysis/impact-player-cho-yoon-je. Retrieved 2019-01-31. Missing or empty
- "Cho Yoon-je going to Washington, Victor Cha coming to Seoul". Korea JoongAng Daily. Retrieved 2019-01-31.
- "Prof. Cho Yoon-je named S. Korean ambassador to US". The Korea Times. 30 August 2017. Retrieved 16 March 2018.
- Myo-ja, Ser (30 August 2018). "Cho Yoon-je going to Washington, Victor Cha coming to Seoul". Korea Joongang Daily. Retrieved 16 March 2018.