This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Chocamine is a brand of cocoa extract found as an ingredient in many consumer health products, such as NightFood, ChocoMind, ChocoEnergy, LifeMap, Chocoslim, ChocoLift, and ErgoLean AMP. In these consumer products, Chocamine is included to provide the taste, smell and purported health benefits of chocolate, without the sugar, fat, and dairy found in many confectionery products. Cocoa solids contain alkaloids such as theobromine and phenethylamine. Chocamine contains methylxanthine alkaloids (with a high concentration of theobromine), adrenergic amines, amino acids, and some dietary minerals.
Chocolate is reported to be the number one craved food in North America. Recently a lot of research has been conducted to determine any potential health benefits of chocolate. Because of its high degree of consumer appeal, chocolate-based bioactives are regarded as an area of keen interest by the health food industry.
Chocamine has been available for use in supplements, from beverages, bars, gums, drink mixes, and confections to dietary supplements and powdered drinks. The recommended usage rate is 500 mg per serving by the company.
There are two varieties of this product: Chocamine and Chocamine Plus. The key difference is that Chocamine Plus has caffeine 40 mg per 500 mg serving. This is approximately the same amount as a 12-ounce can of soda), while "regular" Chocamine is basically "de-caffeinated".
- NightFood, retrieved January 25, 2011 from https://web.archive.org/web/20110129021720/http://www.nightfood.com/. Archived from the original on January 29, 2011. Retrieved January 30, 2011. Missing or empty
- ChocoMind, retrieved January 25, 2011 from http://www.jarrow.com/product.php?prodid=453 Archived January 29, 2010, at the Wayback Machine.
- ChocoEnergy retrieved January 25, 2011 from http://www.nowfoods.com/Products/078309.htm
- LifeMap Alert Chews retrieved January 25, 2011 from http://www.mygenewize.com/product/life_style_boosts.html Archived October 10, 2010, at the Wayback Machine.
- Chocoslim retrieved January 25, 2011 from http://www.sotru.com/products/sotru-chocoslim/
- ChocoLift retrieved January 25, 2011 from http://www.sourcenaturals.com/products/GP2024/
- ErgoLean AMP retrieved January 25, 2011 from http://www.bigboyfitness.com/erg-ergolean-amp-90c-amp-v2.html Archived July 7, 2011, at the Wayback Machine.
- Chocamine, Nattrop Product reviews, Retrieved 2010-10-16 from http://www.clear1.com/ProductsPDF/Chocamine(tm)IntroSheet.pdf Archived 2011-07-08 at the Wayback Machine.
- Chocamine, Sybervision reviews, reterived December 9, 2010 from http://www.clear2.com/reviews/Chocamine.php[dead link]
- Chocamine Review, DietSpotlight.com review, retrieved December 9, 2010 from http://www.dietspotlight.com/chocamine-review/
- Sean Moloughney, (2010). Entrepreneur.com . Retrieved 2010-10-16 from http://www.entrepreneur.com/tradejournals/article/227974040_2.html