This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Croisier was founded in 1815 in Geneva. It was the oldest Swiss chocolate factory specialized in premium chocolate manufacturing. The main work was in Geneva. In a second plant in Lausanne especially chocolate powders were prepared. To promote the expansion, the company was incorporated in 1927 (Charles Croisier SA). Due to the global economic crisis, the company closed its doors in 1950.
The Croisier family was originally from Geneva. Charles Henri Daniel Croisier founded the factory in 1815. His motto was to produce only the best chocolate. The premium chocolate factory was founded in 1815 under the name "Croisier-Chaulmontet". About the company roof in the Rue de Coulouvrenière in Geneva, the plate with the following inscription was placed: "Chocolaterie de la Coulouvrenière". The production of chocolate was arduous work in 1815: A Chocolatier could per day / per head produce only 5–6 kg of chocolate. It was not until 1850 that the mechanization of the production took place. By 1884, the factory ordered two water wheels, which were driven by the River Rhone. In the direct neighborhood 1892, the hydroelectric plant "Bâtiment des Forces Motrices" was installed. The son of Charles Henri Marc Croisier then took over management of the company in 1844. The company was located in the Rue de la Coulouvrenière 28-30 in Geneva; present street numbers 3-5.
- Schweizerisches Finanz-Jahrbuch, p. 75, 1907
- C. Heymann, Cartell-Rundschau, Volume 5, p. 183, 1907
- Directory of Swiss Manufacturers and Producers, Schweizerische Zentrale für Handelsförderung, Schweizerisches Nachweisbureau für Bezug und Absatz von Waren, Swiss Office for the Development of Trade., p. 29-30, 1945
- La semaine judiciaire paraissant à Genève: jurisprudence suisse et étrangère, Louis Vaucher, Gustave Fick, Jean Henry Patry, Société genevoise de droit et de législation, Société général d'imprimerie, p. 221, 1919
- Le Grand siècle de l'architecture genevoise, 1800-1914: un guide en douze promenades, Charles Weber, Gérard Deuber, Société d'art public (Geneva, Switzerland), Editor : Conrad André Beerli, Publisher : Société d'art public, p. 143, p. 230, 1985
- L'industrie chocolatière suisse avant, pendant et après la guerre, Volume 31 of Collection de l'École des hautes études commerciales de l'Université de Lausanne, Armand Mulhaupt, Impr. Vaudoise, p. 36, 1932
- L'Industrie Chocolatière Suisse, Etude Economique sur le Cacao et le Chocolat, Edition la Concorde, Edouard Schiess, 1913
- CANTON DE GENEVE - RECENSEMENT ARCHITECTURAL DU CANTON DE GENEVE; Direction du patrimoine et des sites - Service des monuments et des sites, Fiche RPI-108,Bénédict Frommel et Tanari Architectes
- Chocolat Croisier eMuseum listing