|Regional unit||North Athens|
|• Municipal unit||3.950 km2 (1.525 sq mi)|
|Elevation||202 m (663 ft)|
|• Municipal unit||30,840|
|• Municipal unit density||7,800/km2 (20,000/sq mi)|
|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
|Postal code||155 61, 155 62|
|Area code(s)||210 65|
|Vehicle registration||I, Y, Z|
Cholargos (Greek: Χολαργός) - alternate name, Holargos - is a suburb of Athens, Greece, located northeast of the city center and about 6 kilometers (3.7 miles) away from Syntagma Square. Since the 2011 local government reform it is part of the municipality Papagou-Cholargos, of which it is the seat and a municipal unit. The municipal unit has an area of 3.950 km2. The main thoroughfare is Mesogeion Avenue, which connects Cholargos with central Athens and the northern beltway Motorway 6.
Cholargos was the name of a deme of ancient Attica. The most prominent citizen of ancient Cholargos was Pericles. Cholargos was part of the community of Chalandri until 1933, when it became a separate community. It became a municipality in 1963.
Cholargos is twinned with:
Government and infrastructure
The headquarters of the Ministry of Infrastructure, Transport and Networks are in Cholargos.
- Official website (in Greek)
- "Απογραφή Πληθυσμού - Κατοικιών 2011. ΜΟΝΙΜΟΣ Πληθυσμός" (in Greek). Hellenic Statistical Authority.
- Kallikratis law Greece Ministry of Interior (in Greek)
- "Population & housing census 2001 (incl. area and average elevation)" (PDF) (in Greek). National Statistical Service of Greece. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2015-09-21.
- EETAA local government changes
- "Contact." Ministry of Infrastructure, Transport and Networks. Retrieved on 16 January 2013. "Addr 2, Anastaseos Str and Tsigante, Postal Code 101 91, Cholargos (next to metro station "Ethniki Amina")" - Address in Greek: "Διεύθυνση Αναστάσεως 2 και Τσιγάντε, Τ.Κ 101 91, Παπάγου (δίπλα στη στάση του μετρό "Εθνική Άμυνα")"