|• M.L.A.||Ram Lal Sharma (BJP)|
|Population (census 2011)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|ISO 3166 code||RJ-IN|
|Vehicle registration||RJ 41|
Chomu is located at  It is 33 km far in north from Jaipur. Chomu receives a good number of tourists and filmmakers visiting the nearby village of Samode. Chomu is famous for its bumper groundnut crop every year. Due to the presence of sweet and fresh water, fruits and vegetables that are grown here are famous for their good taste. Large quantities of fruits and vegetables are transported to the Jaipur which forms the prime market for the town's economy..
Chomu is also connected to Jaipur by meter gauge rail line and upgradation work is going on between Jaipur & Churu. It is connected with Jaipur and Sikar with National Highway No.11.
History and Origin of Name Chomu
Nathawat is a sub clan of Kachwaha Rajputs of Suryavanshi lineage. They are the off springs of great Rajput Warrior Rao Natha Ji of Amber. It came from Hindi word चौमुंह=चौ+मुंह. चौ means Four and मुंह means Face or Mouth. So चौमुंह means Surrounding from all directions or faces.
There is a fortified Palace of Chomugadh(चौमुंगढ़) within the city. And thus name “Chomu” in short came into existence from “Chomugadh”.
As of 2011[update] India census, Chomu city is divided into 30 wards for which elections are held every 5 years.The City has population of 64,417 of which 33,850 are males while 30,567 are females as per report released by Census India 2011. City has an average literacy rate of 79.35%, higher than the national average of 74.04% and State average of 66.11 %; with male literacy of 90.19% and female literacy of 67.62%. 13.93% of the population is under 6 years of age.
Samode Palace, a 300 year old palace is located in Chomu. Shri Samod Balaji is situated between the mountains of Samode near Chomu. It is also known as Veer Hanuman and is amongst the most ancient religious places in Rajasthan.
Admiral Madhvendra Singh was Chief of Naval Staff of the Indian Navy between 29 December 2001 and his retirement from service on 31 July 2004. He had by that date completed over 41 years of service. He belongs to Nathawat Clan of Kachwaha Rajput community which ruled Chomu Thikana. He was also the Chairman of the Chiefs of Staff Committee from 2002 to 2004.
|Year||Name of Elected M.L.A.||Party Affiliation|
|1. 1962||Bhanu Prasad||Swatantra Party|
|2. 1967||Rameshwar Singh||Swatatra Party|
|3. 1972||Ram Kishore Vyas||Indian National Congress|
|4. 1977||Rameshwar Singh||Janata Party|
|5. 1980||Tej Pal||Indian National Congress (I)|
|6. 1985||Rameshwar Dayal Yadav||Lok Dal|
|7. 1990||Rameshwar Dayal Yadav||Janata Dal|
|8. 1993||Ghanshyam Tiwari||Bharatiya Janata Party|
|9. 1998||Bhagwan Sahai Saini||Indian National Congress|
|10. 2003||Ram Lal Sharma||Bharatiya Janata Party|
|11. 2008||Bhagwan Sahai Saini||Indian National Congress|
|12. 2013||Ram Lal Sharma||Bharatiya Janata Party|
Having Agriculture its prime economy, RIICO Industries of Jetpura, Kaladera and Manda have pioneered industrialisation in chomu Tehsil and it is expanding rapidly to scale up large, medium and small scale projects in the area.
Chomu has large number of private public schools affiliated to RBSE Ajmer and CBSE New Delhi. Some of them are :-
- Vinayak Senior Secondary School
- Adarsh Vivekanand Public Secondary School
- Asha Niketan Senior Secondary School
- Govt. Senior Secondary School etc.
It has various academic colleges, Medico-Technical & Management institutions:-
- Institute of Engineering & Management(UEM Group), Chomu
- Seth R.L.S. Government P.G. College, Kaladera
- Mahatma Jyotiba Fule Ayurveda Medical College, Chomu
- BRIGHT MOON TEACHER TRAINING SANSTHAN, Chomu
- Government Girls College, Chomu
- Mahatma Jyotiba Fule College of Physiotherapy, Chomu
- SSG Pareek Girls College, Chomu
- VIDHYAGRAM SHIKSHAK PRASHIKSHAN MAHAVIDYALAYA, Chomu
- Vinayak Girls College, Chomu
And many other institutions.
- "Yahoo maps location of Chomu". Yahoo maps. Retrieved 2008-12-30.
- "Census of India 2011: Data from the 2011 Census, Rajasthan, Jaipur, Chomu". City Population.
- 1962 Rajasthan Assembly results
- 1967 Rajasthan Assembly results
- 1972 Rajasthan Assembly results
- 1977 Rajasthan Assembly results
- 1980 Rajasthan Assembly results
- 1985 Rajasthan Assembly results
- 1990 Rajasthan Assembly results
- 1993 Rajasthan Assembly results
- 1998 Rajasthan Assembly results
- 2003 Rajasthan Assembly results
- 2008 Rajasthan Assembly results
|This article related to a location in Rajasthan is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|