|Founded by||Maharaja Karan Singh|
|Named for||Chomuha Nagar|
|• M.L.A.||Ram Lal Sharma (BJP)|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|ISO 3166 code||RJ-IN|
|Vehicle registration||RJ 41|
Chomu is located at  It is 33 km far in north from Jaipur. Chomu receives a good number of tourists and filmmakers visiting the nearby village of Samode. Chomu is famous for its bumper groundnut crop every year. Due to the presence of sweet and fresh water, fruits and vegetables that are grown here are famous for their good taste. Large quantities of fruits and vegetables are transported to the Jaipur which forms the prime market for the town's economy..
Chomu is also connected to Jaipur by meter gauge rail line and upgradation work is going on between Jaipur & Churu. It is connected with Jaipur and Sikar with National Highway No.11.
The city is the location of the fortified palace of Chomugadh ,called now Chomun palace, from which it derives its name.
As of 2011[update] India census, Chomu city is divided into 35 wards for which elections are held every 5 years.The City has population of 64,417 of which 33,850 are males while 30,567 are females as per report released by Census India 2011.
The city has an average literacy rate of 79.35%, higher than the national average of 74.04% and State average of 66.11 %; with male literacy of 90.19% and female literacy of 67.62%. 13.93% of the population is under 6 years of age.
Samode Palace, a 300 year old palace is located in Chomu. Shri Samod Balaji is situated between the mountains of Samode near Chomu. It is also known as Veer Hanuman and is amongst the most ancient religious places in Rajasthan.
Having Agriculture its prime economy, RIICO Industries of Jetpura, Kaladera and Manda have pioneered industrialisation in chomu Tehsil and it is expanding rapidly to scale up large, medium and small scale projects in the area.
Chomu has large number of private public schools affiliated to RBSE Ajmer and CBSE New Delhi. Some of them are :-
- shekhawati public senior secondary school chomu
- Target senior secondary school and college
- Vinayak Senior Secondary School
- Adarsh Vivekanand Public Secondary School
- Asha Niketan Senior Secondary School
- Govt. Senior Secondary School etc.
- Bhaskar science point morija road.
It has various academic colleges, Medico-Technical & Management institutions:-
- Institute of Engineering & Management(UEM Group), Chomu
- Seth R.L.S. Government P.G. College, Kaladera
- Mahatma Jyotiba Fule Ayurveda Medical College, Chomu
- BRIGHT MOON TEACHER TRAINING SANSTHAN, Chomu
- Government Girls College, Chomu
- Mahatma Jyotiba Fule College of Physiotherapy, Chomu
- SSG Pareek Girls College, Chomu
- VIDHYAGRAM SHIKSHAK PRASHIKSHAN MAHAVIDYALAYA, Chomu
- Vinayak Girls College, Chomu
- Navjoyti Public School, Narsinghpura, Chomu
And many other institutions.
- "Yahoo maps location of Chomu". Yahoo maps. Retrieved 2008-12-30.
- "Census of India 2011: Data from the 2011 Census, Rajasthan, Jaipur, Chomu". City Population.