Chongjin Chongnyon Station
|Revised Romanization||Cheongjin Cheongnyeon-yeok|
Chŏngjin-si, North Hamgyŏng
|Owned by||Korean State Railway|
|Opened||5 November 1916|
|Rebuilt||1 July 1940|
Ch'ŏngjin Ch'ŏngnyŏn Station is the central railway station in Ch'ŏngjin-si, North Hamgyŏng Province, North Korea. It is the junction point of the Hambuk and P'yŏngra lines of the Korean State Railway, and is the beginning of the Ch'ŏngjinhang branch to Ch'ŏngjin Port.
Originally called Ch'ŏngjin Station, it was opened on 5 November 1916 together with the rest of the Ch'ŏngjin-Ch'angp'yŏng section of the former Hamgyŏng Line. It received its current name after the establishment of the DPRK.
Three pairs of passenger express trains are known to operate on this line:
- Express trains 7/8, operating between P'yŏngyang and Moscow via Tumangang, via the P'yŏngra Line;
- Express trains 9/10, operating between P'yŏngyang and Musan, via the P'yŏngra Line towards P'yŏngyang and via the Hambuk and Musan lines towards Musan;
- Semi-express trains 113/114, operating between West P'yŏngyang and Unsŏng, via the Hambuk line;
- Semi-express trains 119-122/120-121, operating between Sinch'ŏn and Ch'ŏngjin Ch'ŏngnyŏn, via the P'yŏngra line;
- Semi-express trains 124-125/126-127, operating between Sinŭiju Ch'ŏngnyŏn and Ch'ŏngjin Ch'ŏngnyŏn, via the P'yŏngra and P'yŏngŭi lines;
- Semi-express trains 128-129-130/131-132-133, operating between Kalma and Rajin, via the Kangwŏn and P'yŏngra lines.
Several other long-distance passenger trains stop at Ch'ŏngjin Ch'ŏngnyon station:
- Kalma (P'yŏngra Line) - Ch'ŏngjin - Hoeryŏng (Hambuk Line) - Rajin;
- Ch'ŏngjin - Hoeryŏng - Rajin;
- Haeju (Hwanghae Ch'ŏngnyŏn Line) - Ch'ŏngjin - Unsŏng (Hambuk Line);
- Tanch'ŏn Ch'ŏngnyŏn (P'yŏngra Line) - Ch'ŏngjin - Tumangang (Hongŭi Line).
There are also commuter trains:
- Trains 601/604, operating between Ch'ŏngjin Ch'ŏngnyŏn and Kŭndong on the Kangdŏk Line via Namgangdŏk;
- Trains 602/615 operate between Ch'ŏngjin Ch'ŏngnyŏn and Ranam.
- Kokubu, Hayato, 将軍様の鉄道 (Shōgun-sama no Tetsudō), ISBN 978-4-10-303731-6
- Japanese Government Railways, 鉄道停車場一覧 昭和12年10月1日現在(The List of the Stations as of 1 October 1937), Kawaguchi Printing Company, Tokyo, 1937, pp 498–501, 504–505 (Japanese)
- The traffic and geography in North Korea: Hambuk Line (in Korean)