|29°30′11″N 106°30′22″E / 29.503°N 106.506°E|
|Location||Jiulongpo District, Chongqing, China|
|Land area||45 hectares (111 acres)|
|Major exhibits||Panda Enclosure, Dinosaur Valley|
Chongqing Zoo is a zoo in the city of Chongqing, China, about 8 km (5 miles) southwest from the city centre.
The zoo is located at Yangjiaping on Xijiao Road in the Jiulongpo District of Chongqing. It was built in 1953 and officially opened to the public in 1955. The zoo covers an area of 45 hectares (111 acres).
The zoo is an important base for the protection of and research on wild animals. It exhibits rare species including giant pandas, red pandas, the very rare South China tiger and white tiger, and the African elephant.
The main entrance of the zoo is close to Zoo station on Line 2 of the Chongqing Rail Transit.
The zoo was previously accredited by the World Association of Zoos and Aquariums (WAZA).
Female giant panda called "Mang Zei" eating bamboo in the Panda Enclosure
Red panda from above at the zoo
South China tiger pacing at the zoo
Male white tiger called "Bo Bo" at the zoo
- ^ "Chongqing Zoo (Chongqing Dongwuyuan)". TripAdvisor. Retrieved 15 August 2014.
- ^ "Chongqing Zoo". TravelChinaGuide.com. Retrieved 15 August 2014.
- ^ "Chongqing Zoo". www.GiantPandaZoo.com. Retrieved 15 August 2014.
- ^ Flurie, Lisa. "Giant Pandas China's Chongqing Zoo". YouTube. Retrieved 15 August 2014.
- ^ "Association Membership Lists" in Encyclopedia of the World's Zoos, Volume 3. Fitzroy Dearborn. 2001. ISBN 1-57958-174-9.
- Chongqing Zoo website (in Chinese)