Choong Shiau Yoon
This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Steven Choong Shiau Yoon
|Member of the Malaysian Parliament|
for Tebrau, Johor
|Assumed office |
9 May 2018
|Preceded by||Khoo Soo Seang (MCA-BN)|
|Ayer Hitam Division Chief of People's Justice Party|
|Preceded by||Office re-established|
|Succeeded by||Willham Siau|
|Tebrau Division Chief of People's Justice Party|
|Assumed office |
|Preceded by||Selva Kumaran|
|Born||7 December 1957|
Ipoh, Perak, Federation of Malaya (now Malaysia)
|Political party||People's Justice Party (Malaysia) (PKR)|
|Pakatan Harapan (PH)|
Pakatan Rakyat (PR)
|Alma mater||Brunel University|
|Hanyu Pinyin||Zhōng Shǎoyún|
|Choong Shiau Yoon on Parliament of Malaysia|
Steven Choong Shiau Yoon (simplified Chinese: 锺少云; traditional Chinese: 鍾少雲; born 7 December 1957) is a Malaysian politician who has served as the Member of Parliament for the Tebrau constituency in Johor, Malaysia since May 2018. He is the Tebrau Division Chief of People's Justice Party (PKR), a component party of Pakatan Harapan (PH) coalition. He formerly served as deputy secretary general of the party.
Choong contested the Tebrau parliamentary seat in the 2013 election and lose with 1,767 votes to Malaysian Chinese Association (MCA) candidate. In the 2018 election, he contested the Tebrau again in a three corner fight and won by defeating candidates from MCA and Pan-Malaysian Islamic Party (PAS).
|2013||Choong Shiau Yoon (PKR)||38,218||48.87%||Khoo Soo Seang (MCA)||39,985||51.13%||79,835||1,767||88.23%|
|2018||Choong Shiau Yoon (PKR)||64,535||62.09%||Hou Kok Chung (MCA)||27,310||26.27%||105,420||37,225||85.68%|
|Abdullah Husin (PAS)||12,098||11.64%|
- "争取多10%马来票添胜算．钟少云：票票不能少" (in Chinese). Sin Chew Daily. 4 May 2018.
- "锺少云Steven Choong Shiau Yoon". www.enanyang.my (in Chinese). e南洋商报Nanyang Siang Pau. Archived from the original on 13 August 2018. Retrieved 24 May 2018.
- "Malaysia General Election". undiinfo Malaysian Election Data. Malaysiakini. Retrieved 4 February 2018. Results only available from the 2004 election.
- "KEPUTUSAN PILIHAN RAYA UMUM 13". Sistem Pengurusan Maklumat Pilihan Raya Umum (in Malay). Election Commission of Malaysia. Retrieved 24 March 2017.
- "SEMAKAN KEPUTUSAN PILIHAN RAYA UMUM KE - 14" (in Malay). Election Commission of Malaysia. Retrieved 17 May 2018. Percentage figures based on total turnout.
- "The Star Online GE14". The Star. Retrieved 24 May 2018. Percentage figures based on total turnout.
|This article about a Malaysian politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|