|Shannon Gilligan (CEO)|
|Products||Choose Your Own Adventure|
Chooseco LLC is an American publishing company based in Waitsfield, Vermont. Founded in 2003 by author R. A. Montgomery and publisher Shannon Gilligan, the company primarily releases reissues of Montgomery's Choose Your Own Adventure series of gamebooks.
In March 2007, Chooseco filed a lawsuit against car manufacturer DaimlerChrysler, claiming that the company's advertising campaign for their Jeep Patriot model, bearing the tagline "Choose Your Adventure", infringed on Chooseco's trademarks. The suit was ultimately settled. Chooseco filed a similar trademark lawsuit in January 2019 against movie streaming platform Netflix following the release of Black Mirror: Bandersnatch, an interactive film produced and released by Netflix that uses the "choose your own adventure" phrase.
- Lodge, Sally (January 17, 2007). "Chooseco Embarks on Its Own Adventure". Publishers Weekly.
- Shafrir, Doree (August 24, 2009). "Why Choosing Your Own Adventure Can Really Pay Off". Jezebel.
- "Vermont publisher sues over Jeep ads". ABC Money. March 29, 2007.
- Gardner, Eriq (January 11, 2019). "Netflix's 'Black Mirror: Bandersnatch' Leads to "Choose Your Own Adventure" Trademark Lawsuit". The Hollywood Reporter.
- Chmielewski, Dawn C. (January 11, 2019). "Netflix's 'Black Mirror: Bandersnatch' Sued Over Use Of "Choose Your Own Adventure"". Deadline Hollywood.