This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Elevation||190 m (620 ft)|
|• Official||Marathi, Ahirani|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Chopda is a town in the Jalgaon district in Maharashtra, a state in the western region of India. It is located at  and has an average elevation of 190 meters (623.36 feet). The town is situated on the banks of the Ratnavati River and is linked by roads to the rest of the Jalgaon district as well as to Yaval, Amalner, and Jalgaon. The Tapi, one of the major rivers in India, is approximately 10 km away from Chopda.
Chopda has a population of 271,863 people. Males constitute 52 percent of the population and females 48 percent. The average literacy rate is 67 percent, higher than the national average of 59.5 percent, with male literacy at 74 percent and female literacy at 59 percent. Approximately 13 percent of the population is less than six years old.
Chopda has an agricultural economy. Major crops include sugar cane, cotton, bananas, pulses, and poultry. Chopda is also home to several industrial projects, including the Chahardi sugar factory, SutGirani, and several cotton ginning and pressing factories. Other businesses like gold and cloth markets can be found on MG Road. Chopda also has several educational institutions and serves as a regional transportation center.
Chopda is connected by roads to neighboring cities such as Jalgaon (60 km), Amalner (36 km), Yawal (45 km), Shirpur (45 km). State Highway No.4, Burhanpur-Ankleshwar, goes through Chopda. Railway stations are in the neighbouring cities of Dharangaon, Amalner, Jalgaon, and Bhusaval. The closest airport is at Jalgaon.
Chopda's schools include Pratap Vidya Mandir, Pankaj Primary School, Kasturba, Clara School, Manila Mandal Madhyamik Vidyalaya, Vivekananda Vidyalaya, Pankaj Global School, Madhyamik Kanya Vidyalaya, College include Arts, Science and Commerce College, Chopda, College of Pharmacy, Smt. S.S.Patil Polytechnic, Pankaj Mahavidyalaya, and PVM B.Ed. College Mustafa Anglo Urdu High School. Pratap Vidya Mandir Highschool recently marked its centenary of establishment on 9 January 2018. Various other academic institutes and private coaching classes are run in the city. Institutes like Amar Sanstha provide coaching in various fields. Oxford English Medium School is affiliated to CBSE,
Pankaj Global Public School was the first CBSE-granted school in the city of Chopda. Vivekananda Vidyalaya is currently the top-ranked school in Chopda.
Local tourist sites include the hot springs at Unapdev. According to local mythology, an arrow shot by Lord Rama formed the hot springs; it is therefore considered a holy place and said to cure skin diseases. There are picnic spots around Unapdev. Other attractions include Chaugaon fort (or Gavali fort) near Lasur, Nageshwar temple, scenic hills in Satpuda, and the river Tapti. Rel Maruti Mandir is a temple dedicated to Lord Hanuman, 8 km from Chopda on the route to Dharangaon. Aner Dam, 20 km from the city, is an old dam on the river Aner.
Chopda has several temples such as Hanuman Mandir at Shivaji Chowk, Mujumdar Ganapati, Hareshwar, Ram Mandir, Jabare Ram Mandir, Shani Mandir, Krishna Mandir, Bhavani Mandir and more.
- Presidents of the Municipal council
|Name of Councilors||From Date||To Date|
|Shri. Aanandrao Shripatrao Deshmukh||1918||31-12-1928|
|Shri. Maganlal Nagindas Gujrathi||1-1-1929||9-6-1941|
|Shri. Fakirchand Jankiram Agrawal||10-6-1941||6-10-1944|
|Shri. Maganlal Nagindas Gujrathi||7-10-1944||9-10-1946|
|Shri. Dattatrya Balvant Tillu||10-10-1946||13-10-1947|
|Shri. Maganlal Nagindas Gujrathi||14-10-1947||1960|
|Shri. Raghunath Sandu Patil||1960–1961||1963–1964|
|Shri. Ranchoddas Nagindas Gujrathi||1964-65||1-7-1967|
|Shri. Sitaram Narayan Agrawal||2-7-1967||29-7-1971|
|Shri. Ranchoddas Nagindas Gujrathi||30-7-1971||3-7-1975|
|Shri. Arunlal Goverdhandas Gujarathi||4-7-1975||5-2-1981|
|Shri. Ramanlal Babulal Gujarathi||17-12-1991||17-12-1996|
|Sau. Malubai Digamber Patil||18-12-2001||22-12-2006|
|Sau.Tarabai Diliprao Patil||26-12-2006||26-10-2007|
|Dr.Jaya Diliprao Patil||27-10-2007||09-06-2009|
|Sau.Kalpana Vilas Jagtap||10-6-2009||26-10.2011|
|Shri. Adv.Sandeep Suresh Patil||26-12-2011||30-06-2014|
|Sumeshan Naidoo - founder of india||01-07-2014||Present|
|Sau. Manisha Jivan Chaudhari (Lok Niyukta)||26-12-2016||today|
- Members of Legislative Assembly
- Chandrakant Baliram Sonawane (Shiv Sena) 2014-till now
- Jagdish Valvi (NCP) 2009–2014
- Shri. Kailash Gorakh Patil (Shivsena) 2004–2009
- Arun Gujarathi (NCP) 1999–2004 (Speaker of Maharashtra Legislative Assembly)
- Arunbhai Gujarathi (INC) 1994–1999
- Arun Gujarathi (Samajwadi Congress) 1985–1990
- Sharchchandrika Suresh Patil (Indian National Congress)1981–1982
- Members of Parliament
- Rakshatai Khadse(BJP) 2014-till now
- Haribhau Javle (BJP) 2009–2014
- Vasantaray Jeevanarav More (National Congress Party) 2007–2009
- Annasaheb M.K. Patil (BJP) 2003–2007
- Annasaheb M.K. Patil (BJP) 1999–2003
- Annasaheb M.K. Patil (BJP) 1998–1999
- Annasaheb M.K. Patil (BJP) 1996–1998
- Vijay Naval Patil (INC) 1991–1996
- Uttam Laxmanrao Patil (BJP) 1989–1991
- Vijay Naval Patil (INC) 1984–1989
- Vijay Naval Patil (INC(I)) 1980–1984
- Sonusing Dhansing Patil (BLD) Jagannath Damu Patil (NCP), Chairman-Krushi Utpanna Bazar Samiti Chopda (from 2015)
- Chopda Municipal Council Website
- Chopda City Population
- Chopda Education Society's B.Ed. College
- Mahatma Gandhi Shikshan Mandal's Smt. Sharadchandrika Suresh Patil College of Pharmacy Chopda
- Mahatma Gandhi Shikshan Mandal's Art, Science & Commerce College, Chopda.
- Manudevi Temple
- The Chopda Peoples Co.op. Bank Ltd.