|Author(s)||Lee Adam Herold|
|Launch date||July 25, 2000|
Chopping Block is a webcomic by Lee Adam Herold, hosted on Keenspot. The strip takes a one-panel format with a text caption underneath the picture, and is updated sporadically; Herold admits that he will "update from time to time, then... disappear for even longer."
Chopping Block uses a gray-tone art style that is inked and sponged before being scanned into the computer.
In 2001, Chopping Block won the Web Cartoonist's Choice Awards for Best Concept, Best Male Character (Butch), Best Gag Comic, and Best Other Genre Comic; it was also nominated for the award for Best Art. The next year it again won the awards for Best Male Character, Best Gag Comic, Best Other Comic, and Best Art; it was also nominated for Best Comic. In 2003 it was nominated for Outstanding Art, Outstanding Black and White Art, Outstanding Short Form Comic, and Outstanding Gag Comic.
Notes and references
- Herold's announcement regarding update frequency Accessed 19 April 2007.
- "Chopping Block creation process". Retrieved 2006-04-14.
- "WCCA 2001 Winners and Nominees". Archived from the original on 2010-04-21. Retrieved 2006-04-14.
- "WCCA 2002 Winners and Nominees". Archived from the original on 2009-12-08. Retrieved 2006-04-14.
- "WCCA 2003 Winners and Nominees". Archived from the original on 2012-02-04. Retrieved 2006-04-14.
|This article related to webcomics is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|