|Dharma names||Chokyi Sengay Trungpa Rinpoche|
February 6, 1989 |
Derge, Tibet Autonomous Region, PRC
|Teacher||Karma Senge Rinpoche|
|Part of a series on|
Choseng Trungpa Rinpoche is the 12th and current Trungpa tülku. He was born on February 6, 1989 in Pawo village, in Derge, eastern Tibet, and recognized by Tai Situ Rinpoche in 1991. He was enthroned a year later at Surmang Monastery at a ceremony presided over by Domkhar Rinpoche, a high Kagyu lama and Choseng's uncle. The monastery's late abbot (and Choseng Trungpa's predecessor), was Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche.
He has studied the traditions of Surmang under the tutelage of the late Lama Kenla, (1932–2003), and received his early monastic education at the shedra at Palpung Monastery. He studied at Surmang Namgyal-tse until 2008, and currently studies at Serthar Institute.
In 2001, he met for the first time with Sakyong Mipham Rinpoche, the son of his previous incarnation, Chögyam Trungpa.
- Midal (2005) p. 18
- Harry Oldmeadow (2004) p.290
- Staff. "Chokyi Senge, Trungpa XII Rinpoche". Konchok Foundation. Retrieved 2010-02-04. Biography of Chokyi Sengay, Trungpa XII.
- Biography of recent Trungpas on Simhanada web site (archived 2008)
- Goss, Robert and Klass, Dennis (2005) Dead But Not Lost: Grief Narratives in Religious Traditions pp. 144–145 ISBN 0-7591-0789-0
- Midal, Fabrice (2005) Recalling Chögyam Trungpa ISBN 1-59030-207-9
- Harry Oldmeadow (2004) Journeys East: 20th Century Western Encounters with Eastern Religious Traditions ISBN 0-941532-57-7
- Short Biography of Choseng Trungpa at konchok.org
- Choseng Trungpa's request for Chögyam Trungpa teachings to be made available to Tibetans, 2010, (YouTube)
- (Chinese) Surmang Dutsi Monestery
|This Tibetan biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Buddhist biography-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|