|Narrated by||Ichirō Murakoshi (村越 伊知郎 Murakoshi Ichirō?)|
|Country of origin||Japan|
|No. of episodes||51|
|Running time||20 minutes|
|Production company(s)||TV Asahi
|Original channel||TV Asahi|
|Original release||February 4, 1984 – January 26, 1985|
|Preceded by||Kagaku Sentai Dynaman|
|Followed by||Dengeki Sentai Changeman|
Choudenshi Bioman (超電子バイオマン Chōdenshi Baioman?, lit. Super-Electron Bioman) is Toei Company's eighth installment in the Super Sentai series. Its 51 episodes aired on TV Asahi from February 4, 1984 to January 26, 1985 with a movie being released during the show's initial run. The international English title is listed by Toei as Bioman.
The once prosperous Planet Bio (バイオ星 Baio-sei?) is destroyed after a world war erupted over the use of a scientific discovery called "Bio Particles". The Planet Bio Peacekeeping Alliance (バイオ星平和連合 Baio-sei Heiwa Rengō?), which sought to use Bio Particles for peaceful purposes, sends the giant robot Bio Robo and an assistant robot named Peebo to prevent the same tragedy from happening on Earth. Bio Robo arrives in 15th century Japan, where it showers Bio Particles on five young individuals. Five centuries later, the descendants of these individuals, infused with Bio Particles, are chosen by Peebo and Bio Robo to become the Bioman team to protect the Earth from the New Gear Empire, an organization led by mad scientist Doctor Man.
The Biomen are the descendants of five people showered with Bio Particles centuries ago who were spirited way by the Bio Robo during Gear's initial attack to obtain the Techno Braces (テクノブレス Tekuno Buresu?) from Peebo to become the Bioman. To transform individually they call their color and number and to transform as a group they call Bioman. Along with their Bio Swords (バイオソード Baio Sōdo?), a versatile sidearm with sword, dagger, and blaster modes, the Bioman have a variety of team attacks that are executed after their Bio Brain Computers are synched up. Among their team attacks are Bio Electron Beam (バイオエレクトロビーム Baio Erekutoron Bīmu?) and Miracle Laser (ミラクルレーザー Mirakuru Rēzā?).
- Shirō Gō/Red One (郷史朗/レッドワン Gō Shirō/Reddo Wan?)
- Shirō Gō was the pilot of the first Japanese space shuttle before getting caught in the crossfire just as the Gear begins the invasion. In him, passion and responsibility unite. He grew up believing that his father was dead. However, after meeting Professor Shibata, he is not so sure. The Bio Particles within him enable him to communicate with animals; thus making them useful in reconnaissance missions. His Bio Brain Computer allows him to target any opponent with his Super Electron Radar (超電子レーダー Chōdenshi Rēdā?) ability. Armed with the Fire Sword (ファイヤーソード Faiyā Sōdo?) and his special attack is Spark Sword (スパークソード Supāku Sōdo?).
- Shingo Takasugi/Green Two (高杉真吾/グリーンツー Takasugi Shingo/Gurīn Tsū?)
- Shingo Takasugi is a race car driver. Shingo can be very tough to enemies yet very kind to children. Despite his bravado, there are times when he doubts his abilities. Despite these doubts, he knows what he must do and does his best. He is the designated driver of Bio Turbo. His Bio Brain Computer allows him to use his Super Electron Scope (超電子スコープ Chōdenshi Sukōpu?) ability to see through any deception. Armed with the Hurricane Sword (ハリケーンソード Harikēn Sōdo?) and the Green Boomerang (グリーンブメラング Gurīn Bumerangu?) and his special attack is Break Action (ブレイクアクション Bureiku Akushon?).
- Ryūta Nanbara/Blue Three (南原竜太/ブルースリー Nanbara Ryūta/Burū Surī?)
- Ryūta Nanbara is a water sportsman who is boyish and adventurous. He loves to explore and discover new things. His years of diving have made him very nimble and is skilled in stealth techniques. He can't tolerate bullies. His Bio Brain Computer allows him to use his Super Electron Ear (超電子イヤー Chōdenshi Iyā?) ability to enhance his sense of hearing. He wields the Elec-Sword (エレキソード Ereki Sōdo?) and his special attack is Super Sky Diving (スーパースカイダイビング Sūpā Sukai Daibingu?).
- Mika Koizumi/Yellow Four I (小泉ミカ/1初代イエローフォー Koizumi Mika/Shodai Ierō Fō?, 1-10)
- Mika Koizumi is a photographer who dreams of following in her late brother's footsteps to photograph African wildlife. Initially, she is hesitant to join the team until she is convinced that Gear's evil would eventually put the animals in danger. When Gear manage to gather a bit of Anti-Bio Particles to weaponize, Mika dies by Pysgorn's hand sacrificing herself to empty Bio Killer Gun's ammo so her allies can fight without being poisoned by the Anti-Bio Particles. The others mourn her as Bio Robo activates her Bio-Brain Computer to present her memories to give the Bioman hope. Her Bio Brain Computer allows her to present photographic projections in her Super Electron Holography (超電子ホログラフィ Chōdenshi Horogurafi?) ability. Her weapon was the Thunder Sword (サンダーソード Sandā Sōdo?). Her special attack is Yellow Flash.
- Jun Yabuki/Yellow Four II (矢吹ジュン/2代目イエローフォー Yabuki Jun/Nidaime Ierō Fō?, 11-51)
- Jun Yabuki is an Olympic archer. Sometimes dressing up in a hybrid American Indian cowgirl/feudal Japan outfit. The last two letters in her surname "ki" form the kanji for her color. After watching Bioman in action, she tries to join them, but is initially refused due to her lack of understanding how serious the fight is. However, her fearlessness enabled the Bioman to learn that she is also a descendant of the original Bioman. When she accidentally injures Shirō during the Samecanth incident, Jun is confronted by her old squad captain who learns of her reasons for leaving the Olympic archery team and allows her to remain with the Bioman. Having the same abilities and arsenal as her predecessor, the new Yellow Four also uses the Bio Arrow (バイオアロー Baio Arō?) as her weapon.
- Hikaru Katsuragi/Pink Five (桂木ひかる/ピンクファイブ Katsuragi Hikaru/Pinku Faibu?)
- Hikaru Katsuragi is a carnival flutist. She is sweet yet strong and is a mistress of disguise. She bears an unusually strong spirit with a strong motherly instinct. She plays the flute to calm her spirits and to strengthen her resolve. She is able to befriend the evil computer Brain and teach him about friendship, which pays off when Brain sacrifices himself to save the Bioman and the world from destruction. She is the most emotional member of the team. Her Bio Brain Computer allows her to use her Super Electron Beamlight (超電子ビームライト Chōdenshi Bīmuraito?) ability. She wields the Laser Sword (レーザーソード Rēzā Sōdo?). Her special attacks are Pink Flash (ピンクフラッシュ Pinku Furasshu?), Pink Barrier (ピンクバリヤー Pinku Bariyā?) and Spin Chop (スピンチョップ Supin Choppu?).
- Pibo (ピーボ Pībo?): An android who is the guardian of the Bio Particles, Bio Robo and Bio Dragon, built as an experimental robot when the Bio Particles were in development. He came to Earth 500 years ago and showered five courageous people with Bio Particles. Now that Gear has made its move, Pibo and Bio Robo gather the descendants of the original five. He shows a great fear for Silver. In the last two episodes, he used himself to energize Bio Robo.
- Shūichi Kageyama (蔭山 秀一 Kageyama Shūichi?): Thinking himself an orphan, named Kōichi Nakamura (中村 公一 Nakamura Kōichi?), he learns he is in reality Shūichi Kageyama, the son of Doctor Man and basis of Prince's design. At first, Doctor Man tries to get him to join Gear, but Shūichi rejects his father. Eventually, Shūichi finds and joins Doctor Shibata. Later, he helps the Bioman ultimately defeat Gear. He manages to convince Doctor Man to help them stop the bomb that could destroy the whole Earth through the use of human emotions.
- Setsuko Kageyama (蔭山 節子 Kageyama Setsuko?): Doctor Kageyama's former wife and the mother of Shūichi. After Kageyama became Doctor Man, she left her husband and gave away their son Shūichi for adoption by the Nakamura family. 17 years later, the Bioman team and Shūichi stumble onto a letter she left behind, along with a video recording, which revealed Doctor Man's true identity. She never actually appears in the series besides a photograph of herself with Kageyama and Shūichi as an infant, and a voice-over while Shūichi reads her letter.
- Shin-ichirō Gō (郷 紳一朗 Gō Shin'ichirō?): Shirō's estranged father and the former research partner of Hideo Kageyama. After Kageyama became insane, he faked his death and left his wife and son to stop his former friend. He turned himself into a cyborg like Doctor Man did to continue his research and overthrow the New Empire Gear. Adopting the alias of Professor Shibata (柴田博士 Shibata-hakase?), he disguises his true identity by wearing rose-colored eyeglasses and a fake beard. He creates a "conscience circuit" that is capable of giving Mecha Clones free will.
- Joy (ジョーイ Jōi?): A young friend of Peebo from Planet Bio. He recorded a video message on a compact disc addressed to Peebo that was sent to Earth from Bio Star before its destruction. Doctor Man managed to get a hold of the disc before Peebo does and decides to create a Mecha Clone of Joy in order to trick Peebo into revealing the location of the Bioman's headquarters. Peebo is deceived by the duplicate at first, but manages to see through the deception after he views Joy's video recording, which revealed that the real Joy was unable to escape Planet Bio's destruction and that he recorded the video as his final farewell to Peebo. Doctor Man, who did not understand the language of Planet Bio's people, did not realize that Joy was already dead.
- Ken Hayase (早瀬 健 Hayase Ken?): Jun's former coach and the captain of the Japanese Olympic Archery Team. He tries to investigate Jun's sudden departure from the team in order to convince her to return, only to discover Jun's secret identity as Yellow Four and allows her to remain with the Bioman.
- Shota Yamamori (山守 正太 Yamamori Shōta?): A protector of nature who lives in Mt. Nekura by himself. When the Bioman team first encounter Yamamori, Shiro ponders the possibility of whether Yamamori might carry Bio Particles within him. After falling in love with Jun, Yamamori tries to join the team desperately, but is ultimately rejected when Bio Robo finds no traces of Bio Particles within his body. Disillusioned, Yamamori is tricked by a disguised Farrah into undergoing a procedure that would transform him into the Magne Warrior (マグネ戦士 Magune Senshi?), which puts him under Gear's control. However, Yamamori manages to break free of Gear's influence and helps the Bioman team destroy the Magne Megas. Yamamori is considered a prototype of the "sixth warrior" additions featured in later Super Sentai shows.
- Miki (ミキ?): A special Mecha Clone developed by Doctor Man to be coupled with Satan Megas in episode 43-44, Miki had the unusual appearance of a young girl in school uniform. As long as she existed, Satan Megas was able to re-assemble himself indefinitely, making him virtually invincible. After being implanted with Professor Shibata's conscience circuit, however, Miki felt guilt for the ravages caused by Gear, and activated her self-destruct so Bio Robo could defeat Satan Megas.
- Bio Dragon (バイオドラゴン Baio Doragon?): A carrier ship for Bio Jets One and Two. The fuselage side carries two laser guns. With its magnetic force crane, it can pick up an inert Bio Robo. It can transport a fully formed Bio Robo to the scene of battle. The Bioman can either pilot it out of the hangar, fly up to it, or board it from the ground with an tube-shaped escalator device.
- Bio Robo (バイオロボ Baio Robo?): Coming from Planet Bio 500 years ago, Bio Robo is a semi sentient robot that showered five people with Bio Particles upon arriving on Earth around the time of Feudal Japan. Years later, Bio Robo activates upon detecting Gear's attacks and gathers the Bioman team. It is formed from the two Bio Jets when the command "Fusion! Hyper Cross!" (合体!ハイパークロス! Gattai! Haipā Kurosu!?) is given. Bio Robo is armed with the Super-Maser (スーパーメーザー Sūpā Mēzā?) sword and it destroys monsters with a variety of finishing attacks including, but not limited to, Concentration (コンセントレーション Konsentorēshon?), Comet Cutter (コメットカッター Kometto Kattā?), Chainsaw Cutter (チェーンソーカッター Chēnsō Kattā?), Straight Flush (ストレートフラッシュ Sutorēto Furasshu?), Pinball Sting (ピンボールスティング Pinbōru Sutingu?), and Dashing Beam (ダッシングビーム Dasshingu Bīmu?). It uses a powered up attack, the Bio Particle Cut (バイオ粒子斬り Baio Ryūshi Giri?) against later monsters.
- Bio Mach (バイオマッハ Baio Mahha?): Motorcycles piloted by Red One (with a cruising speed of 300 km/h and a top speed of 540 km/h) and Yellow Four (with a cruising speed of 250 km/h and a top speed of 450 km/h).
- Bio Turbo (バイオターボ Baio Tābo?): A modified Mazda RX-7 piloted by Green Two, Blue Three and Pink Five. It has a cruising speed of 350 km/h and a top speed of 630 km/h.
New Empire Gear
The New Empire Gear (新帝国ギア Shin Teikoku Gia?) was founded and led by the cyborg Doctor Man, from his Neo-Cloud fortress at the South Pole. Gear's forces believe themselves to be a technologically advanced society with the right to rule Earth.
- Doctor Man (ドクターマン Dokutā Man?): The supreme ruler of Gear, Doctor Man was actually a human named Dr. Hideo Kageyama (蔭山 秀夫 Kageyama Hideo?) who experimented on himself to accelerate his intelligence, only to have his body rapidly age in the process. To extend his life, Kageyama converted himself into a cyborg with a deep disgust for humanity, planning to conquer the world with his army of Mecha Clones while remaining alive long enough to find a worthy heir to his empire. When his true origins are revealed, Doctor Man countered the coup with a Mecha Clone copy of himself and later reprogrammed the Big Three and reorganized the empire. With his empire dying, he goes and fights the Bioman with King Megas only to be defeated. He activated the Anti-Bio Bomb but he ended up stopping it when his son and the Bioman prodded him eventually resulting in his death.
- Prince (プリンス Purinsu?, 19-20, 49-50): He first appeared to Mason in the test mission to steal some gas, calling himself the son of Doctor Man where he blew up the power plant. As he was introduced as Doctor Man's son, Doctor Man was revealed to be a human being. Ryuta wanted to stop him for his own well-being since he was only 17 years old. It was also revealed that the tentacles used to steal fuel were part of his creation, Grotesquekans. Later on, it was revealed that he was just a Mecha Clone created in Doctor Man's missing son Shuichi's image after Mason and Farrah were tasked to return him to base. Because of that, Doctor Man reprogrammed him to be just Battle Mecha Prince where he challenged the Biomen for the final time. Ryuta accepted he could not be helped and the Biomen defeated him when his robot Grotesque Kans was destroyed.
- Meison (メイスン Meisun?): The leader of the Big Three, three android generals who supervise field missions, also able to disguise themselves as humans, and the first of the trio to battle the Bioman, Red One's frequent rival. Given Bio Killer Gun, Meison only managed to kill Mika (the first Yellow Four) when she intentionally had him empty out all his Anti-Bio Particle ammo on her while he wanted to kill Shiro. He once plotted against Doctor Man himself upon leaning his origins. He is armed with a staff which fires energy bolts which was later broken in half by Red One. He later fired an energy bolt to Red One from his chest after his Staff was Broken. Doctor Man apparently puts more importance on him than the other two. He later shares a close relationship with Fara. He was later rebuilt and armed with Meison Rockets and Meison Machine Gun. He was eventually killed by Silver, praising Doctor Man one final time before he explodes.
- Fara (ファラ Fara?): The female member of the Big Three, she uses beam weapons and leaves the dirty fighting to Farrah Cat. She often disguises herself as human in her schemes, favoring cunning and deception above brutal force. She used to show resentment towards Meison but later developed a close relationship with him starting with the plot to steal gold bars which Meison designed. Later rebuilt and armed with Farrah Fire Storm and Farrah Kiss (blows an explosive flying kiss). She is rivals with Yellow Four and Pink Five. She died after receiving damage in battle while piloting Balzion.
- Monster (モンスター Monsutā?, 1-48): The brute of the Big Three who uses a battle axe as his usual weapon of choice, though he can use nearby heavy objects in his fights as well. He usually works with Zyuoh. He was later upgraded and armed with Black Mace and Iron Paw. Despite being an android, he is revealed to have feelings for Fara which she resents and Mason considers it disgusting. He was killed while trying to capture Balzion in Super Megas.
The Five Beast Warrior Zyunoids (ジューノイド五獣士 Jūnoido Go Jūshi?) are mechanical monsters that fight the Biomen and support the Big Three in their battles.
- Psygorn (サイゴーン Saigōn?, 1-31, 32-50): A three faced psychic monster with the ability to spew fire and uses telekinesis and teleportation, normally working with Mason and Farrah. He is the mightiest of the Zyunoids as he caused serious problems to the Biomen in battle, playing a role in Mika's death. Later upgraded with energy beams and stronger fire powers. He is the last Zyunoid to be killed and was destroyed by heavy damage caused by Red One and the Biomen, while trying to protect Mason of which he could be heard telling the latter to get away.
- Mettzler (メッツラー Mettsurā?, 1-31, 33-49): A biomechanical one-eyed Zyunoid, armed with a rapier and clawed arm, able to create holograms and turn himself into a slime to evade attacks or sneak attack his opponent. He is usually works with Farrah, later upgraded with her to be able to stretch his limbs at the same time Farrah was upgraded. Destroyed after an overdose of bio killer energy from Silver and receiving the bio electron charge attack while trying to shield Farrah.
- Zyuoh (ジュウオウ Jūō?, 1-31, 34-48): He is a gorilla-like robot that generally works along Monster, being a dim-witted brute armed with a mace and able to use his finger cannons in battle. As a result, Zyuoh is loyal to Monster to the point of coming to the aid of his master. After being heavily damaged in battle, Zyuoh was rebuilt for his loyalty at the request of his master with chest cannons. He works as the acting leader in the movie. Destroyed after receiving heavy damage from Silver and the Biomen.
- Messerju (メッサージュウ Messājū?, 1-31): A falcon-faced gargoyle robot with the ability to fly and armed with supersonic waves and laser energy beams. He usually supports Farrah and Mason, although at one point worked with Monster. Messerjū was the first of the Zyunoids to be destroyed.
- Aquaiger (アクアイガー Akuaigā?, 1-31): A Gill-man robot armed with a harpoon-gun and built-in Bubble Bombs and Acid Spray. Usually working with Farrah and Mason, Aquaiger is weakest of the Beastoids to the point of getting beatdown by the other Zyunoids. He was one of the first Zyunoids to be destroyed fighting the Biomen.
- Farrah Cat (ファラキャット Fara Kyatto?, 2-51): Farrah's android bodyguard who does the dirty work, dressed in black and purple skins, she is quick, agile and acrobatic. She has claws for weapons and uses twin nunchukus as well. She eventually meets her end when Yellow Four and Pink Five blew off her circuits with a full blast.
- Mecha Clones (メカクローン Mekakurōn?): The robotic foot soldiers of Gear. They have black bodies with red eyes, and silver masks that hide their mechanical faces. Their arms include swords and guns. Mecha Clones can be programmed to pilot Mechadrone jet fighters or act as laboratory assistants. They can also disguise themselves as humans and are armed with explosives for suicide missions.
Bio Hunter Silver (バイオハンター・シルバ Baio Hantā Shiruba?) is a robot who has given half of the Bio Particles as a power source and with a built-in arrow launcher in his elbow, from Planet Bio built by the Anti-Bio Union with the objective to terminate anything with Bio Particles. However, Silver malfunctions and uses his mecha Balzion (バルジオン Barujion?) to destroy Planet Bio. Tracking the Bio Particle signature of Peebo and Bio Robo, Silver arrives on Earth to complete his objective. Though an arch-enemy of the Bioman, Silver is also at odds with Gear who desire to utilize Balzion's technology for their own use. Losing his robot, Silver retrieves Balzion while killing Mason. In the end, Silver is destroyed when Balzion was defeated by a sudden charge of Bio Energy from Bio Robo.
- The Enigmatic Giant Robo Arrives (謎の巨大ロボ出現 Nazo no Kyodai Robo Shutsugen?)
- Gathering! Warriors of Destiny (集合！宿命の戦士 Shūgō! Shukumei no Senshi?)
- Our Friend, Bio Robo (わが友バイオロボ Waga Tomo Baio Robo?)
- Self Destruct! Mecha-Humans (自爆！メカ人間 Jibaku! Meka Ningen?)
- Cut Down the Unseen Enemy (見えない敵を斬れ Mienai Teki o Kire?)
- Stand up! Bio Robo (起て！バイオロボ Tate! Baio Robo?)
- Captured Pibo (つかまったピーボ Tsukamatta Pībo?)
- Fight! Wishing upon a Star (戦え！星に誓って Tatakae! Hoshi ni Sakatte?)
- The People-Erasing Jump Rope (人を消すなわ跳び Hito o Kesu Nawatobi?)
- Goodbye Yellow (さよならイエロー Sayonara Ierō?)
- Enter New Warrior Jun (新戦士ジュン登場 Shin Senshi Jun Tōjō?)
- Murderer Green! (殺人者グリーン！ Satsujinsha Gurīn!?)
- Jun! (ジュンよ！ Jun yo!?)
- New Intellect Brain! (新頭脳ブレイン！ Shin Zunō Burein!?)
- The Female Warrior's Flaming Oath (女戦士炎の誓い Onna Senshi Honō no Chikai?)
- Run, 21599 Seconds (走れ21599秒 Hashire Ni-Man-Sen-Gobyaku-Kyū-Jū-Kyū-byō?)
- I Saw Ryugu Castle (僕は龍宮城を見た Boku wa Ryūgū-jō o Mita?)
- The Psychic Girl's Prayer (超能力少女の祈り Chōnōryoku Shōjo no Inori?)
- My Father is Doctor Man (父はドクターマン Chichi wa Dokutā Man?)
- Prince's Challenge! (プリンスの挑戦！ Purinsu no Chōsen!?)
- Protect Bio Base (守れバイオベース Mamore Baio Bēsu?)
- A Great Burglar!? Blue! (大泥棒！？ブルー！ Ō Dorobō!? Burū!?)
- Gyo! Attack of the Puppet! (ギョ！人形の襲撃！ Gyo! Ningyō no Shūgeki!?)
- The Exploding Flower of Love (爆発する愛の花 Bakuhatsu Suru Ai no Hana?)
- Prince's Ghost? (プリンスの幽霊？ Purinsu no Yūrei??)
- My Father's Dreadful Secret (恐るべき父の秘密 Osorubeki Chichi no Himitsu?)
- Spider Hell's Female Warrior (クモ地獄の女戦士 Kumo Jigoku no Onna Senshi?)
- Doctor Man Assassination (ドクターマン暗殺 Dokutā Man Ansatsu?)
- The Day Tokyo Disappeared!? (東京が消える日！？ Tōkyō ga Kieru Hi!??)
- Ultimate Canth's Demon Sword (最強カンスの魔剣 Saikyō Kansu no Ma Ken?)
- New Model!? The Megas Arrives (新型！？メガス出現 Shingata!? Megasu Shutsugen?)
- Gear's Great Remodelling Plan (ギアの大改造作戦 Gia no Dai Kaizō Sakusen?)
- Has It Come Forth!? The New Finishing Move (出るか！？新必殺技 Deru ka!? Shin Hissatsu-waza?)
- Behold! Bio Power (見よ！バイオの力 Mi yo! Baio no Chikara?)
- The Sixth Man (6番目の男 Rokubanme no Otoko?)
- Transform Boy (変身ボーイ Henshin Bōi?)
- The Assassin Silver! (殺し屋シルバ！ Koroshiya Shiruba!?)
- The Enigmatic Balzion (謎のバルジオン Nazo no Barujion?)
- Mason's Trap! (メイスンのワナ！ Meisun no Wana!?)
- Stolen Turbo! (奪われたターボ！ Ubawareta Tābo!?)
- The Demonic Lullaby! (悪魔の子守り唄！ Akuma no Komoriuta!?)
- Gō! Risk Your Life! (郷！命を賭けろ！ Gō! Inochi o Kakero!?)
- The Sailor-Suited Soldier (セーラー服の戦士 Sērā-fuku no Senshi?)
- The Beautiful Conscience Circuit (美しき良心回路 Utsukishiki Ryōshin Kairo?)
- Human Bomb Jun! (人間爆弾ジュン！ Ningen Bakudan Jun!?)
- Escape! The Town of Traps! (脱出！わなの町！ Dasshutsu! Wana no Machi!?)
- Professor Shibata's True identity!? (柴田博士の正体！？ Shibata-hakase no Shōtai!??)
- Enter! Balzion (出現！バルジオン Shutsugen! Barujion?)
- Critical Bio Robo (危うしバイオロボ Ayaushi Baio Robo?)
- Assault Newgrad (突撃ネオグラード Totsugeki Neogurādo?)
- Goodbye Pibo (さよならピーボ Sayonara Pībo?)
A movie version of Chōdenshi Bioman premiered at the Toei Manga Matsuri film festival on July 14, 1984, the same day episode 24 aired. It was directed by Nagafumi Hori and written by Hirohisa Soda, who both worked on the series. The events of the movie are set somewhere between Episodes 11 and 31 due to the presence of Jun Yabuki as Yellow Four and the appearance of all five Beastnoids.
Bioman aired in the Philippines on ABS-CBN in 1987-88 and IBC-13 in 1993-2000 - making it the second Sentai show to be broadcast there since Himitsu Sentai Gorenger and J.A.K.Q. Dengekitai. It was also the last tokusatsu title in the Philippines to be dubbed in English, as Space Sheriff Shaider - which was aired on the same year - began the trend of dubbing tokusatsu in Filipino. In recent years, Bioman was re-broadcast and re-dubbed in Filipino. The series also aired on Channel 7 in Thailand.
- Latin America
- United States
- Shirō Gō: Ryōsuke Sakamoto (阪本 良介 Sakamoto Ryōsuke?)
- Shingo Takasugi: Naoto Ōta (太田 直人 Ōta Naoto?)
- Ryūta Nanbara: Akito Ōsuga (大須賀 昭人 Ōsuga Akito?)
- Mika Koizumi: Yuki Yajima (矢島 由紀 Yajima Yuki?)
- Jun Yabuki: Sumiko Tanaka (田中 澄子 Tanaka Sumiko?)
- Hikaru Katsuragi: Michiko Makino (牧野 美千子 Makino Michiko?)
- Doctor Shibata: Tadao Nakamaru (中丸 忠雄 Nakamaru Tadao?)
- Shūichi Kageyama, Prince: Hidenori Iura (井浦 秀知 Iura Hidenori?)
- Doctor Man/Hideo Kageyama: Munemaru Kōda (幸田 宗丸 Kōda Munemaru?)
- Mason: Hirohisa Nakata (中田 博久 Nakata Hirohisa?)
- Farrah: Yōko Asuka (飛鳥 裕子 Asuka Yōko?)
- Farrah Cat: Yukari Oshima (大島ゆかり Ōshima Yukari?)
- Monster: Strong Kongō (ストロング金剛 Sutorongu Kongō?)
- Mettzler: Hiroshi Izawa (伊沢 弘 Izawa Hiroshi?)
- Zyuoh: Masahiro Anzai (安西 正弘 Anzai Masahiro?)
- Psygorn: Keisuke Yamashita (山下 啓介 Yamashita Keisuke?)
- Aquaiger: Hirotaka Nagai (永井 寛孝 Nagai Hirotaka?)
- Messer Beast: Shun Yashiro (八代 駿 Yashiro Shun?)
- Peebo: Yoshiko Ōta (太田 淑子 Ōta Yoshiko?)
- Bio Hunter Silver: Kazuo Hayashi (林 一夫 Hayashi Kazuo?)
- Narrator: Ichirō Murakoshi (村越 伊知郎 Murakoshi Ichirō?)
- Opening theme
- "Choudenshi Bioman" (超電子バイオマン Chōdenshi Baioman?)
- Ending theme
- "Biomic Soldier" (バイオミック・ソルジャー Baiomikku Sorujā?)
- Lyrics: Chinfa Kan
- Composition: Kunihiko Kase
- Arrangement: Tatsumi Yano
- Artist: Takayuki Miyauchi
- "Library -- English Titles -- TOEI TV Website". Retrieved 2011-03-26.
- Discogs.com - Bernard Minet: Bioman
- Spanish Wikipedia article
- Bates, James (August 12, 1986). "A Crop of New Shows Sprouts From Saban Firm's TV Success". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved May 29, 2010.
- "Haim Saban, producer, in Hollywood, Washington, Israel". The New Yorker. May 10, 2010. p. 4. Retrieved May 29, 2010.
- スーパー戦隊百科：超電子バイオマン (Japanese)