|Birth name||Christopher Adler|
|Born||November 23, 1972|
|Genres||Groove metal, thrash metal, progressive metal|
|Instruments||drums, percussion, guitar, bass guitar, piano, saxophone|
|Associated acts||Lamb of God, Megadeth, Burn the Priest, Jettison Charlie, Blotted Science, Testament, Protest The Hero, Nitro|
|Mapex Saturn Series Kit, and Signature Warbird 12" Snare drum, 24" Meinl Ride a cymbal, 12" Distortion Splash Cymbal, signature ProMark Drum sticks|
Christopher James Adler (born November 23, 1972) is an American drummer, best known as a member of the groove metal band Lamb of God. Additionally helped write, record and then join a full world tour with legendary thrash metal band Megadeth for two years, playing on their fifteenth album Dystopia. In 2006 Adler collaborated with revered progressive guitarist Ron Jarzombek beginning the project Blotted Science. In 2010, Adler moved to Toronto, Canada for 6 weeks and recorded and helped write the album "Volition" with the progressive metal band Protest the Hero. In 2014 he contributed several drum tracks to the Testament album, Dark Roots of the Earth. He is the elder brother of Lamb of God bandmate and guitarist Willie Adler. Adler had played in several local bands including Calibra, Jettison Charlie and Grouser before founding Lamb of God in 1994. Alder is pescatarian and has worked with PETA. He is recognized by his left handed playing on a right handed kit, his use of the heel-toe technique, his unusual approach to the drum kit, and his tendency to play in 6/4 time.
- 1 Biography
- 2 Chris Adler's equipment
- 3 Discography
- 4 References
- 5 External links
Adler attended Bishop Ireton High School in Alexandria, Virginia; Adler attended college at Virginia Commonwealth University in Richmond, Virginia where he met current bandmates John Campbell and Mark Morton. His inspirations include former Wrathchild America and current Godsmack drummer Shannon Larkin and Stewart Copeland of The Police. Other influences are John Bonham, Dave Lombardo, Gar Samuelson, Lars Ulrich, Billy Cobham and Gene Hoglan. On August 9, 2014 ABC News radio asked Adler in an interview if he did the drums for the new Slipknot single "The Negative One". Adler responded with "I can't confirm nor deny it".
According to DRUM! Magazine, Adler describes his first drum kit as a disaster:
"The bass drum legs were different lengths so they wouldn't touch the ground at the same time. Every time I would hit it, it would wobble from left to right. The cymbal stands were duct taped together, and I think after two or three times playing the kit, the pedalboard actually broke in half because it was made of that crappy old fake metal."
He played on Megadeth's 2016 studio release Dystopia and on all live shows during the following world tour, juggling his time between Lamb of God and Megadeth. On July 1, 2016 Adler left Megadeth due to continued pressure to join full time and leave Lamb of God. In lieu of leaving the band he started, Adler recommended his friend Dirk Veurbeuren to Megadeth main man Dave Mustaine who accepted his recommendation. Dirk took over the throne for Megadeth at that time after agreeing to quit all of his other projects.
Chris Adler's equipment
Adler uses Saturn Mapex Drums, his own signature Black Panther 12x5.5" snare, and Gibraltar Hardware. He also uses and endorses Evans Drumheads, Pro-Mark signature Sticks, Trick Pedals and Meinl Cymbals. Chris helped Meinl produce the 24" MB20 Pure Metal Ride for him and helped with the creation of the 12" Soundcaster Custom Distortion Splash. He also uses a Roland pad and two Roland trigger Modules linked to a 808. He also uses a Roland TD30k Kit at home and for warmups on tour.
Current tour kit
- Drums - Mapex Saturn in Satin Black Maple Burl
- 10"x9" Tom
- 12"×10" Tom
- 16"×16" Floor Tom
- 18"×16" Floor Tom
- 22"×18" Bass Drum (×2)
- 12"×5.5" Mapex Warbird (Chris Adler Signature)
- Cymbals – Meinl 
- 14" Generation X Filter China
- 16" Generation X Filter China
- 17" Byzance China (Prototype)
- 14" Soundcaster Custom Medium Soundwave Hihat - 14" Byzance Dark Hihat
- 8" Byzance Splash (x2)
- 12" Soundcaster Custom Distortion Splash
- 14" Soundcaster Custom Medium Crash
- 16" Mb8 Medium Crash
- 18" Byzance Medium Thin Crash
- 24" Mb20 Pure Metal Ride (Signature model)
- 8" Classics High Bell
- Drumheads - Evans
- Toms: EC2S Clear - G1 Clear
- Bass: EMAD Heavyweight - Custom Resonant
- Snare: Heavyweight snare batter - 300 snare side
- Hardware 
- Other 
- Demo Tape (1989, Independently Released)
With Cry Havoc
- Demo Tape (1993, Independently Released)
With Jettison Charlie
- Hitchhiking to Budapest (1994, Turn of The Century)
- "Legions of The Unjazzed"/"I Love You, You Bastard" EP (1996, Peas Kor Records)
- Bedroom Compilation Cassette (1995, FFF)
- "Full On" Now That's Metal Compilation CD (1996, mp3.com)
- Sevens and More (1998, mp3.com)
With Burn the Priest
- Demo Tape (1995, Independently Released)
- Split with ZED (1997, Goatboy Records)
- Split with Agents of Satan (1998, Deaf American Recordings)
- Sevens and More (1998, mp3.com)
- Burn the Priest (1998, Legion Records)
- Demo Tape (1996, Independently Released)
With Lamb of God
- New American Gospel (2000)
- As the Palaces Burn (2003)
- Ashes of the Wake (2004)
- Sacrament (2006)
- Wrath (2009)
- Resolution (2012)
- VII: Sturm und Drang (2015)
- Drum Nation Volume 3 (2006, Magna Carta) feat. Ron Jarzombek
- Chris Adler and Jason Bittner: Live at Modern Drummer Festival 2005 DVD (2006, Hudson Music)
With Protest The Hero
- Volition (2013)
- "Lamb of God's Chris Adler Talks Drums (w/ Audio) - in Interviews". Metal Underground.com. Retrieved 2011-10-01.
- Linda Friedel (2011-03-16). "Drum clinic rocks local music store - Wednesday Sun News Story - Kansas City". Kccommunitynews.com. Retrieved 2011-10-01.
- Phil Freeman (2012-02-24). "Lamb of God's Chris Adler's Five Favorite Drummers". wonderingsound.com. Retrieved 2015-04-21.
- "Chris Adler: Working Man's Metal". DRUM! Magazine.
- "Lamb of God interview". YouTube. 2007-02-19. Retrieved 2011-10-01.
- "Lamb of God's Chris Adler". peta2.com. Retrieved 2013-04-24.
- "MEINL_cymbals_2008.pdf" (PDF). Retrieved 2011-10-01.
- "Pictures of Chris Adler's new kit-HE LEFT AXIS". Pearl Drummers Forum. Retrieved 2011-10-01.
- "DRUMHEAD Magazine". Drumheadmag.com. Retrieved 2011-10-01.
- "Testament: New Album Title Revealed; Tour With Anthrax, Overkill, Death Angel Planned".
- Lamb Of God’s Chris Adler Is Officially The Drummer For Megadeth’s New Album
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Chris Adler.|