|Full name||Christopher Ralai Amini|
12 June 1984 |
Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea
|Bowling style||Right-arm medium pace|
|Domestic team information|
|2005||Papua New Guinea|
|List A debut||4 July 2005 Papua New Guinea v Scotland|
|Last List A||11 July 2005 Papua New Guinea v Uganda|
Source: CricketArchive, 14 July 2008
Christopher Ralai Amini, usually known as Chris Amini, is a Papua New Guinean cricketer. A right-handed batsman and right-arm medium pace bowler, he has played for the Papua New Guinea national cricket team since 2005.
Born in Port Moresby to Charles and Kune Amini in 1984, Chris Amini first played for Papua New Guinea at Under-19 level in the 2002 Under-19 World Cup in New Zealand and the same tournament in Bangladesh in 2004.
Whilst he had previously played for a combined East Asia Pacific team in the Australian National Country Cricket Championships in 2004 and 2005, his debut for the senior Papua New Guinea team came when he played in the repêchage tournament of the 2005 ICC Trophy. Papua New Guinea won the tournament after beating Fiji in the final. This qualified them for the 2005 ICC Trophy in Ireland in which Amini played, making his List A debut.
Chris Amini comes from a cricketing family. His father and grandfather both captained Papua New Guinea whilst his mother and aunt have played for the Papua New Guinea women's team. Two of his brothers have played for the Papua New Guinea Under-19s team.
- Cricinfo profile
- CricketArchive profile
- Other matches played by Chris Amini Archived 19 October 2012 at the Wayback Machine. at CricketArchive
- Scorecard of Fiji v Papua New Guinea, 27 February 2005 at CricketArchive
- List A matches played by Chris Amini at CricketArchive
- "Hong Kong tour of Australia, 1st ODI: Papua New Guinea v Hong Kong at Townsville, Nov 8, 2014". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 8 November 2014.
- Charles Amini at Cricinfo
- Kune Amini at CricketArchive
- Cheryl Amini at CricketArchive
- Colin Amini at CricketArchive