Banjo in the 2015 NFL season.
|No. 32 Green Bay Packers|
|Date of birth:||February 26, 1990|
|Place of birth:||Sugar Land, Texas|
|Height:||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)|
|Weight:||207 lb (94 kg)|
|High school:||Sugar Land (TX) Kempner|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career NFL statistics as of Week 15, 2015|
Ayokunmi Christopher Oluwaseun "Chris" Banjo (born February 26, 1990) is an American football safety for the Green Bay Packers of the National Football League (NFL). He played college football at SMU. He was signed as undrafted free agent by the Jacksonville Jaguars in 2012.
Chris Banjo attended Southern Methodist University in Texas. Banjo came into college ranked as the nation's no. 95 safety by ESPN.com, and was a two-star Rivals.com and Scout.com prospect.
In his four years at SMU he recorded 174 total tackles, 4 interceptions and 2 fumble recoveries.
Green Bay Packers
On July 29, 2013, Banjo was signed by the Green Bay Packers. In his first NFL regular season, Chris recorded 19 tackles and 2 pass deflections, and helped the Packers secure the NFC North title.
Banjo re-signed with the Packers on February 26, 2014.
Banjo was cut by the Packers on August 30, 2014. He was signed to the practice squad shortly after. Prior to the Packers' Week 15 game of that same season against the Buffalo Bills, Chris Banjo was promoted to the active roster, replacing linebacker Jamari Lattimore who was placed on injured reserve due to a sprained ankle.
|2013||Green Bay Packers||16||1||19||17||2||0||0|
|2014||Green Bay Packers||3||0||1||1||0||0||0|
- Oehser, John (July 25, 2013). "Jaguars sign kicker, wide receiver". jaguars.com. Retrieved July 26, 2013.
- "Packers announce roster moves". Packers.com. July 29, 2013. Retrieved July 30, 2013.
- Wilkening, Mike (February 26, 2014). "Packers re-sign S Chris Banjo, add RB Michael Hill". NBCSports.com. Retrieved 2014-06-03.
- Tyler Dunbe (August 27, 2013). "Banjo driven by promise to his mother before her death". Journal Sentinel. Retrieved August 3, 2015.
- "Oluwaseun". Online Nigeria. Retrieved May 7, 2015.
- "Oluwaseun". Behind the name. Retrieved May 7, 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Chris Banjo.|