Chris Beard (executive)
|Alma mater||University of Ottawa|
University of Edinburgh
|Title||CEO of the Mozilla Corporation|
In January 1998, he co-founded The Puffin Group in Ottawa, Canada, which was acquired by Linuxcare less than two years later. Since then, Beard has mostly worked in senior product and marketing roles in a range of companies, including HP, Cluster File Systems, Inc. (acquired by Sun Microsystems) and Mozilla. He joined Mozilla in 2004, specifically to launch the Firefox browser but also having responsibilities for other areas of the organisation, including product, marketing, innovation, communications, community and user engagement at different times during his nine years there. Prior to his appointment as CEO he most recently served as Chief Marketing Officer.
He has an MBA in International Business from the University of Edinburgh Business School (2002–04), where he was also awarded the John McFarlane Prize for Leadership. He previously read economics and biochemistry at the University of Ottawa (1994–96).
- "Linux Today - National Post: California firm buys Ottawa Linux developer the Puffin Group". linuxtoday.com.
- "People on the Move". lizardwrangler.com.
- "Chris Beard Named CEO of Mozilla". lizardwrangler.com.
- John's Tumblr - Announcing Chris Beard as Greylock Executive-in-Residence. Lilly.tumblr.com (2013-07-08). Retrieved on 2014-02-20.
- "Team". Greylock Partners. Archived from the original on 2014-04-15. Retrieved 2014-04-14. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "Mozilla Moving Forward". The Mozilla Blog.
- "Mozilla names interim CEO". SiliconBeat.
- "Mozilla names insider Chris Beard as interim CEO". CNET. CBS Interactive. 14 April 2014.
- "Chris Beard Named CEO of Mozilla". The Mozilla Blog.
- "CHRIS BEARD's results for 2010 Walt Disney World ® Marathon". Active.com.
- "2013 Rock 'n' Roll San Diego Marathon - Individual Results".
- "Make-A-Wish® America: George Barrios, Chris Beard and Susan Moon Appointed to Make-A-Wish® National Board".
- Beard, Chris. "My Next Chapter". The Mozilla Blog. Retrieved 2019-08-29.
- Baker, Mitchell. "Thank you, Chris". The Mozilla Blog. Retrieved 2019-08-29.
| Interim CEO of
14 April 2014 – 28 July 2014
|Confirmed as CEO|
| CEO of Mozilla Corporation
28 July 2014 – present