Chris Beatrice is a game designer noted for primary creative development of popular historical city-building games, including Caesar, Lords of the Realm, Pharaoh, and Zeus. Caesar and Lords of the Realm exceeded 1,000,000 in sales and received Editor's Choice awards from Computer Gaming World and PC Gamer magazines, respectively.
Beatrice worked at Sierra Entertainment's Impressions Games studio as art and creative director, director of design and development, and general manager. In 2001 he founded Tilted Mill Entertainment as President and Director of Development.
Game development roles
- Caesar (1993, 1995, 1998) series – Art Director, Creative Director, General Manager
- Lords of the Realm (1994, 1996, 2004) series – Art Director; Interface Designer, Lead Designer, Project Lead, Director of Development
- Lords of Magic (1997, 1998) series – Co-Designer & Creative Director
- Pharaoh (1999, 2000) series – Lead Designer & Project Lead
- Zeus (2000, 2001) series – Lead Designer & Project Lead
- Children of the Nile (2004, 2005) - Lead Designer
- Caesar IV (2006) - Lead Designer
- SimCity Societies (2007) - Lead Designer
- Joseph P. Keefe Vocational high school (drawing, illustration, graphic design)
- Massachusetts College of Art (sculpture)
- Married, 1 daughter
- Chris Beatrice web site
- 3rd party interview discussing game design
- 3rd party interview discussing digital art
- Chris Beatrice profile at MobyGames
- Official site of The Selfish Giant book/cd
- Tutorial by Chris Beatrice to create the illustration called "Donkeyskin"
- Chris Beatrice Making of about the illustration "Advice From a Caterpillar"
- A 6 hours elapsed tutorial about The "Gnolls" illustration by Chris Beatrice
|This biographical article relating to a video game specialist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|