This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (July 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Cain at the 1999 Santa Cruz Blues Festival
Courtesy: Louis Ramirez Photography
November 19, 1955|
San Jose, California, United States
|Genres||Blues, jazz, R&B|
|Instruments||Vocals, guitar, piano|
|Labels||Blind Pig, Blue Rock-It, Chris Cain Records|
|Website||Chris Cain official website|
He began playing professionally as a teenager in local clubs, at festivals, and at private events.
Cain received four Blues Music Award nominations in 1987 for his debut album, Late Night City Blues, including Guitarist of the Year. He signed to Blind Pig Records in 1990 and released his second album, Cuttin' Loose, then released Can't Buy A Break in 1992 and Somewhere Along the Way in 1995. 2018 brought more nominations, including Blues Music Awards Guitarist of the Year, Blues Blast Awards Best Males Blues Artist and Best Contemporary Blues Album for the 2017 release, Chris Cain.
- 1987 - Late Night City Blues (Blue Rock-It Records)
- 1990 - Cuttin' Loose (Blind Pig Records)
- 1992 - Can't Buy a Break (Blind Pig Records)
- 1995 - Somewhere Along the Way (Blind Pig Records)
- 1997 - Unscheduled Flight (Blue Rock-It)
- 1998 - Live at the Rep (Chris Cain Records)
- 1999 - Christmas Cain (Chris Cain Records)
- 2001 - Cain Does King (Blue Rock-It)
- 2003 - Hall of Shame (Blue Rock-It)
- 2010 - So Many Miles (Blue Rock-It)
- 2015 - King of the Blues
- 2017 - Chris Cain
- Bill Dahl (1955-11-19). "Chris Cain | Biography". AllMusic. Retrieved 2014-07-11.