|This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2010)|
For the Scottish international footballer see Kris Commons
Commons won silver medals in the 1974 and 1978 Commonwealth Games during his career. A four-time national champion in the men's long jump (1973–1976), he held the Australian Residential Long Jump Record of 8.08 metres. He won the Pacific Conference Games in 1977 and was second in the event in 1973.
Commons was ranked sixth in the world by the magazine Track & Field News in 1975. He received the Athlete of the Year award from the Athletics International organisation for the 1974-5 season.
As a young athlete, Commons was the Australian Junior Champion (under 19 years of age) in the triple jump for three consecutive years (1967-9).
His brothers, Don Commons and David Commons, were also notable athletes.
- "Chris Commons". www.sports-reference.com. Retrieved 2010-03-06.
- Australian Athletics Historical Results
- Commonwealth Games Medallists - Men
- Track & Field News All-Time World Rankings - Men's Long Jump 
- Athletics International Award Winners
- Pacific Conference Games Medallists 
|This biographical article relating to Australian athletics is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|