This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (July 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Englewood, New Jersey, United States
|Associated acts||Six Organs of Admittance|
Corsano Flaherty Duo
Sunburned Hand of the Man
Chris Corsano is a drummer from New England, United States. He often performs in an improvisation duo with saxophonist Paul Flaherty. He has also recorded material with artists such as Evan Parker, Dredd Foole, Sunburned Hand of the Man, Six Organs of Admittance, Kim Gordon, Thurston Moore, Matt Valentine, Nels Cline, Vibracathedral Orchestra, Cold Bleak Heat, Jim O'Rourke, Jandek, Michael Flower, Bill Orcutt, and C. Spencer Yeh as well releasing numerous solo recordings.
Corsano has been a touring musician with Björk, having featured on her 2007 studio album Volta. He is also a member of the psychedelic rock trio Rangda, with Sir Richard Bishop and Ben Chasny. He received a Foundation for Contemporary Arts Grants to Artists award (2017).
He's also playing in dimension X with Massimo Pupillo (bass / Zu member) and David Chalmin (guitar)
- Eyles, John (2009-12-01). "John Edwards and Chris Corsano Tsktsking Review". BBC. Retrieved 2010-10-19.
- "album review: Chris Corsano Band - High and Dry". Pitchfork Media. Retrieved 2010-010-19. Check date values in:
- "Interview: Chris Corsano". Tiny Mix Tapes. Retrieved 2018-01-04.
- Bennett, David (2015-12-18). "For Bill Orcutt and Chris Corsano, It Was Noise at First Sight". Miami New Times. Retrieved 2018-01-04.
- Grayson Haver, Currin (2018-12-06). "Chris Corsano / Bill Orcutt: Brace Up!". Pitchfork. Retrieved 2018-12-13.
- "Chris Corsano :: Foundation for Contemporary Arts". www.foundationforcontemporaryarts.org. Retrieved 2018-04-19.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Chris Corsano.|
|This article on a United States drummer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|