Chris Dangerfield (comedian)
This article has been nominated to be checked for its neutrality. (October 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (July 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Birth name||Christopher Stuart Dangerfield|
|Born||6 May 1972|
Dartford, Kent, England
|Medium||Stand-up, musician, author|
Christopher Stuart Dangerfield (born 6 May 1972) is an English stand-up comedian, storyteller and critic known for his controversial subject matter and lifestyle. Having spent decades living in Soho, London he left in 2018 to live in Cambodia.
He has appeared at venues all over the UK and in Europe and is known for regularly attending the Edinburgh Fringe Festival, where he once received a nomination for the increasingly prestigious Malcolm Hardee Award for having his show 'Sex Tourist' sponsored by a brothel. Dangerfield's flyer entitled you to 10% off the services therein.
Dangerfield was born in Dartford, Kent, attending The Downs School. He studied contemporary art and music at Dartington Art college before going on to post-graduate study at Leeds University where he read Marxism, psychoanalysis and French post-structural thought, achieving a master's degree. After years describing himself as a Marxist he rejected the idea in 2016 in YouTube on his channel named 'Dangerfield'
It was the show Sex Tourist that established Dangerfield as a radical and original comedy voice, receiving many excellent reviews, including those of writer Will Self, and being one of the stand-out success stories of the 2012 Edinburgh Fringe. Dangerfield performed a one-off special of Sex Tourist at The Comedy Cafe, Shoreditch, selling out in 2 days, beating the 20-year record of the venue. His 2014 show ‘Sex With Children’ cemented Dangerfield firmly in the UK Comedy scene, tackling difficult subject matter with panache, style and humour, producing an ‘astonishing piece of work’  That earned him much praise in the comedy media. During this show, Dangerfield was sent a Courgette by a feminist organisation who also targeted Jimmy Carr and Jim Jefferies, with the instruction to 'Go fuck himself'.
Dangerfield once toured the UK's living rooms with fellow comic Trevor Lock, performing for many types of people in their own front rooms, although many were students and comedy fans, they notably performed for Boy George, Sadie Frost and Kate Moss who described Dangerfield as 'looking like Peter Cook but sounding like Dudley Moore'.
He has appeared with Rupert Everett on Channel 4 Show 'Love for Sale' discussing how he once spent £150,000 on Chinese Prostitutes and BBC3’s ‘Prostitution: What’s The Harm’ Where he defended the right of Prostitutes and punters alike. He has appeared frequently on ITV, ITN, BBC Radio 4, with appearances on Comedy Central, NBC, and other global networks.
In 2015 Dangerfield began his solo podcast Dangerfield's Sunday Prescription  an improvised weekly rant. After 32 hours of improvised audio only material, Dangerfield started a YouTube channel, where he continues to deliver his edgy, unapologetic comedy and cultural criticism.
In 2016 Dangerfield started a YouTube video channel which is more focused on politics than his previous work. He now delivers comedic criticism of his former Marxist ideology, as well as other political topics including globalism, feminism, intersectionality, mass migration and more. He also appears on the comedic political livestream YouTube show "The Three Stooges" along side fellow YouTubers The Iconoclast and On The Offensive.
YouTube channel simply called 'Dangerfield' - at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSkC7KNQHSSeOfRGtKgDm4A .
- "Chris Dangerfield: "Make it funny, and you can say anything"". theskinny.co.uk.
- Malcolm Hardee Malcolm Hardee award
- YouTube video
- http://www.fringeguru.com/reviews/edinburgh-2012/chris-dangerfield-sex-tourist.html Sex Tourist Review
- Powder Blue Internet Business Solutions. "Dangerfield: Sex with Children". chortle.co.uk.
- Such Small Portions – Fastest-selling show ever at The Comedy Cafe http://suchsmallportions.com/news/chris-dangerfield-has-fastest-selling-show-ever-comedy-caf%C3%A9?page=4
- Article in The Scotsman
- "Chris Dangerfield on his new show, and difficult past". WOW247.
- "Feminists urge comedians to stop telling rape jokes". scotsman.com.
- "Lock in My Lounge – An Interview with Chris Dangerfield & Trevor Lock". stevecharnock.com.[permanent dead link]
- From Channel4 on Daily motion
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Js9RaMh7JVg Channel4 – Love for sale with rupert everett
- http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b03ywlk7 BBC3 Prostitution: What's the harm:
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 12 August 2015. Retrieved 2015-07-29.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link) Dangerfield's Sunday Prescription, weekly podcast
- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSkC7KNQHSSeOfRGtKgDm4A YouTube channel]