|British Empire and Commonwealth Games|
|1962 Perth||Coxless fours|
Christopher Guy Vere Davidge (5 November 1929 – 22 December 2014) was a former British rower who competed in the Summer Olympics three times in 1952, 1956 and 1960 and won the Silver Goblets at Henley Royal Regatta three times.
Davidge was born in Northampton, son of Cecil Vere Davidge, and his wife Ursula Catherine Smyth. He was educated at Oxford University and rowed in the Oxford boat in the 1949 Boat Race. He returned to stroke Oxford in the 1951 Boat Race, when the Oxford boat sank, and the race was rerun on the following Monday. He was in the winning Oxford crew in the 1952 race and umpired the 1971 and 1975 races.
In 1952 Davidge competed for Great Britain, rowing at the 1952 Summer Olympics in Helsinki. He was in the coxless pair with D Callender and came fourth. In 1955 Davidge was runner-up partnering J A Gobbo in the Silver Goblets at Henley Royal Regatta to the Russians Buldakov and Ivanov. In 1956 he competed for Great Britain rowing at the 1956 Summer Olympics where he was a member of the unplaced eight. He won the Silver Goblets at Henley in 1957 and 1958, partnering Tony Leadley. In 1959 he switched to the double sculls and won the Double Sculls Challenge Cup at Henley partnering Stuart MacKenzie and beating George Justicz and Nicholas Birkmyre. Davidge competed for Great Britain again rowing at the 1960 Summer Olympics. He was in the coxless four with M Beresford, C Porter and J Vigurs, coming fifth. Davidge won a gold medal at the 1962 British Empire and Commonwealth Games in the coxless four with Michael Clay, John Beveridge and John Tilbury. In 1963 Davidge won Silver Goblets again, this time partnering Stuart MacKenzie. He died on 22 December 2014, aged 85.
- Burnell, Richard (1979). One Hundred and Fifty Years of the Oxford and Cambridge Boat Race. Precision Press. ISBN 0950063878.
- Xchanging - he Boat Race 1951 report Archived 2011-09-26 at the Wayback Machine.
- Burnell, p. 49
- Sports Reference Olympic Sports - Chris Davidge
- Henley Royal Regatta Results of Final Races 1946-2003 Archived July 16, 2011, at the Wayback Machine.
- "Sad news of the death of Christopher Davidge". British Rowing. 23 December 2014. Archived from the original on 25 December 2014. Retrieved 25 December 2014.