Chris Davis (cornerback)
Davis with the San Francisco 49ers in 2016
|Born:||November 4, 1990|
|Height:||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)|
|Weight:||201 lb (91 kg)|
|High school:||Birmingham (AL) Woodlawn|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2017|
Chris Lynn Davis Jr. (born November 4, 1990) is an American football player for the Birmingham Iron of the Alliance of American Football. He played college football at Auburn and was signed by the San Diego Chargers as an undrafted free agent in 2014.
High school career
Davis attended Woodlawn High School in Birmingham, Alabama. As a senior, he had 134 carries for 877 yards (6.5 ypc), eight catches for 185 yards, 472 kickoff return yards and 48 punt return yards. Defensively, he had 23 tackles and three pass breakups.
Davis was involved in the 2013 Iron Bowl play referred to as "Kick Six." With one second left on the clock and the score tied at 28, Alabama placekicker Adam Griffith's 57-yard game-winning field goal attempt was missed and caught by Davis, who returned it 109 yards for a game-winning touchdown.
San Diego Chargers
Despite being projected as a 4th-5th round pick, Davis went undrafted in the 2014 NFL Draft. However, he was signed by the San Diego Chargers on May 10, 2014. Davis spent most of the year returning kicks averaging 25.1 yards per return. He ended the year with 15 tackles, a pass defended, and a forced fumble. On September 1, 2015, Davis was released.
San Francisco 49ers
On October 10, 2016, Davis was placed on injured reserve.
- Chris Davis - Yahoo Sports
- Auburn Returned Alabama's Missed Field Goal For A Touchdown On Final Play For Iron Bowl Win (VIDEO)
- Chris Davis returns missed field goal for TD as No. 4 Auburn stuns No. 1 Alabama
- TRE MASON, CHRIS DAVIS ALL-AMERICANS BY SPORTING NEWS
- Auburn's Tre Mason, Chris Davis named All-American by Sporting News; Gus Malzahn co-Coach of the Year
- "2013 All-SEC Football Team Announced". SEC Digital Network. December 10, 2013.
- NFL Draft Scout Profile
- Crepea, James (May 10, 2014). "Iron Bowl hero Chris Davis Jr. to sign with San Diego". Montgomery Advertiser. Retrieved July 23, 2014.
- Maiocco, Matt. "49ers' DL Ramsey suspended for PEDs; CB Davis signed". CSN Bay Area. Retrieved 3 November 2015.
- "49ers Promote Marcus Cromartie, Chris Davis to Active Roster; Announce Two Other Roster Moves". 49ers.com. Retrieved 10 November 2015.
- "49ers Sign CB Jacorey Shepherd, Place CB Chris Davis on Injured Reserve". 49ers.com. October 10, 2016.