Chris Denson (innovator)
|Birth name||Chris Denson|
|Medium||entertainment, educator, podcast|
|Alma mater||Michigan State University|
|Genres||innovation, pop culture, business, humor|
|Notable works and roles||Innovation Crush|
Denson was born in Detroit, Michigan to Christine Denson, a school teacher, and John Denson, a theologian. He attended Southfield-Lathrup High School in Lathrup Village, Michigan. Throughout high school, Denson was a member of the marching band, and participated on the swim team, track, cross country, and golf. He was also a member of his high school's student council.
Denson later attended Michigan State University, where he earned a degree in packaging engineering and was a member of the school’s martial arts team. While attending Michigan State, he began to explore stand up comedy and comedy writing by performing at local nightclubs and creating his own sketch comedy TV series that aired locally in Lansing, MI. Standup comedy would eventually lead him to winning several competitions, and land him an appearance on USA’s Up All Night with Gilbert Godfrey.
After a brief stint as an engineer at Daimler-Chrysler, Denson moved to Los Angeles to pursue the entertainment industry full-time. Shortly after his move, he worked as a production assistant on the Leeza Gibbons Show, and months later landed his first job as a writer on the BET series, Live From LA.
Chris has held posts in several organizations as the Head of Marketing for American Film Institute's Digital Content Lab, Founder of Genius Effect Media Group, Director of Innovation at The Regan Group, Director of Omnicom Group's Ignition Factory, Director of Marketing for the New York Film Academy, and consultant to organizations from Africa to Italy.
Denson also serves as an advisory board member on the SXSW Accelerator, Google Launchpad, The White House’s Global Entrepreneurship Summit, and has served on the White House ‘Council of Excellence.’
Denson is a regular guest speaker at industry trade events and educational institutions. He currently serves on the board of the Girls Academic Leadership Academy, the first public girls STEM school in the state of California.
Innovation Crush podcast
In 2013, Chris launched Innovation Crush, an interview series focused on the lives and projects of some of the world’s most influential innovators. Guests on the series have included Daymond John, Elizabeth Gore, Nolan Bushnell, Damian Kulash, Alexis Ohanian, Rob Dyrdek, Cindy Gallop.
The podcast covers marketing ideas to technology innovations, disruptive business models, and has been a featured listening program on Delta Air Lines flights.
Awards and nominations
- "Creativity Creator â€" BREAKOUT". Breakout.today. 2016-10-25. Retrieved 2017-01-18.
- "CRUSH INDUSTRIES | Chris Denson Interviewed By Pat O'Brien (VIDEO". Thecrush.co. 2016-12-18. Retrieved 2017-01-18.
- "Chris Denson, Omnicom's Multi-Hyphenate Creative Director, Talks Psychographics, Think Tanks, and Podcasting | Blurred Radio | A Podcast About Creativity, Innovation & The Work Behind The Work". Blurred Radio. 2015-12-14. Retrieved 2017-01-18.
- "Chris Denson". IMDb.com. Retrieved 2017-01-18.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2016-12-31. Retrieved 2017-01-05.
- "Why Adding Constraints Increases Innovation". Forbes.com. Retrieved 2017-01-18.
- "The ninth annual SXSW Accelerator Pitch Event will take place at SXSW Startup Village on Saturday, March 11 and Sunday, March 12". Sxsw.com. Retrieved 2017-01-18.
- "Meet the 2016 VentureFuel Visionaries". Venturefuel.net. Retrieved 2017-01-18.
- "2016 National Arts Marketing Project Conference - Closing Keynote with Chris Denson". YouTube. 2016-11-14. Retrieved 2017-02-28.
- "The Artist as a Startup - SXSW V2V 2014". YouTube. 19 August 2014.
- "DHFall2016". Digitalhollywood.com. Retrieved 2017-01-18.
- "Top 15 College Entrepreneurs Take Flight In Nation-Wide Business Pitch Competition". The Huffington Post. 27 January 2016.
- "Archive » Playing in the Sandbox was "chocolate bar"". Kidscreen.com. 2015-10-28. Retrieved 2017-01-18.
- "Closing Keynote with Award-Winning Innovator Chris Denson | NAMP". Artsmarketing.org. 2016-11-14. Retrieved 2017-01-18.
- "LAUSD Set To Open First All-Girls Academy With Focus On STEM « CBS Los Angeles". Losangeles.cbslocal.com. 2016-07-26. Retrieved 2017-02-28.
- "Chris Denson's articles". Inc.com. Retrieved 2017-01-18.
- "Innovation Crush | Free Listening on SoundCloud". Soundcloud.com. Retrieved 2017-01-18.
- "5 Traits of a Good Podcast Guest". Thebridge.att.net. 2016-09-01. Retrieved 2017-01-18.
- T.L. Stanley (2016-10-09). "Meet the 12 Most Successful Media Agency Execs in Southern California". Adweek.com. Retrieved 2017-01-18.
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: Chris Denson (innovator)|