February 17, 1945
|Other names||"Akaoni" ("The Red Demon")|
|Height||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|Weight||273 lb (124 kg; 19 st 7 lb)|
|Style||Judo, Sambo, Kyokushin Karate, Greco-Roman Wrestling|
|Rank||judo Black belt in |
10th degree black belt in Kyokushin Karate
|Notable students||Bas Rutten, Gilbert Yvel, Valentijn Overeem, Alistair Overeem, Gegard Mousasi, Joop Kasteel, Dick Vrij, Hans Nijman, Willie Peeters|
|Mixed martial arts record from Sherdog|
last updated on: October 3, 2014
Christiaan "Chris" Dolman (born February 17, 1945) is a Dutch retired martial artist and professional wrestler. He won a silver medal at the European championship in judo and a gold at the world championship in Sambo, counting as the first non-Russian sambo world champion, and has over 40 national and 10 international championships. He is known for his career in Fighting Network Rings and for his role training several Dutch mixed martial artists and kickboxers, among them Bas Rutten, Alistair and Valentijn Overeem, Gilbert Yvel and Gegard Mousasi.
|1974 London||+93 kg|
|1971 Haarlem||+100 kg|
|1985 London||+100 kg|
|1985 San Sebastián||+100 kg|
|1981 Madrid||+100 kg|
|1969 Moscow||+100 kg|
|1985 Sochi||+100 kg|
|1976 Leningrado||+100 kg|
Dolman's first visit to Japan was in 1976, backing Willem Ruska during his match against Antonio Inoki in New Japan Pro Wrestling. He later competed in a different style fight in Universal Wrestling Federation against Kazuo Yamazaki, and after UWF's demise, he was contacted by Akira Maeda for his Fighting Network Rings promotion. Dolman won the first Rings tournament in 1993 and led the Netherlands stable of fighters, which included Dick Vrij, Gilbert Yvel and other names. His final match was in 1995, defeating Joop Kasteel.
Championships and accomplishments
- 1966 Benelux Championship
- 1967 Benelux Championship
- 1968 Benelux Championship
- 1969 Benelux Championship
- 1974 European Judo Championship 93 kg class silver medalist
- 1966 European Youth Judo Championship
- 1965 Netherlands Youth Judo Championship
- Eight times Netherlands Judo Championship
- Fighting Network Rings
- Mega Battle Tournament (1992)
- 1969 World Sambo Championship gold medalist
- 1985 World Sambo Championship gold medalist
- World Games 1985 Sambo Championship 100 kg class gold medalist
- National A.A.U. Sambo Championship (1978)
- Tadashi Takeuchi, The Vale Tudo Kyoku Kyo e no Chosen, Footwork Shuppan, 1998
- "Black Belts IBK". Internationalbudokaikan.com. Retrieved 2014-10-03.
- "Profile at Judoinfo". Judoinfo.com. Retrieved 2014-09-21.
- Black Belt Magazine, February 1970
- "Profile at MMA Hall of Fame". Mmahalloffame.com. Retrieved 2014-09-21.
- "Jon Bluming, Europe's first Mixed Martial Artist". Realfighting.com. Archived from the original on 2015-03-13. Retrieved 2014-09-21.