Chris Doyle (footballer)
|Full name||Christopher Doyle|
|Date of birth||17 February 1995|
|Place of birth||Liverpool, England|
|Height||1.89 m (6 ft 2 1⁄2 in)|
|2014–2015||→ Chorley (loan)||24||(5)|
|2015||→ Chorley (loan)||10||(2)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 21:39, 10 December 2015 (UTC).
Christopher Doyle is an English footballer who plays for Southport as a Defender.
Doyle spent time in the Everton Academy from the age of 10 to 14 before joining Dickie Danson's youth setup at Morecambe.
He was then given a pro contract a year early at the age of 17 at the start of the 2012–13 season. Doyle made his 1st team debut in the Shrimps 3–0 win against Rochdale coming on as a late sub. Still a young and promising prospect, Doyle sees himself as a future club captain and won back to back player of the year awards for Stewart Drummond's reserve team. Doyle had a successful loan period at Chorley FC till the end of the season (2014–15) scoring 5 times in 26 appearances and reaching the Conference North play-off final. Doyle signed an extended 12-month contract with Morecambe at start of 2015–16 season. He was released by Morecambe in May 2016.
He joined Southport in August 2016.
- "The Football League Limited: Club list of registered players as at 16th May 2015" (PDF). The Football League. 16 May 2015. p. 76. Retrieved 1 December 2015.
- "Chris Doyle". 11v11. Retrieved 1 December 2015.
- "Retained & Released". Morecambe Official Site. 18 May 2016. Retrieved 18 May 2016.
- "Morecambe 3–0 Rochdale". BBC Sport. Retrieved 26 May 2013.
- Chris Doyle at Soccerbase