Durkin playing for Richmond Kickers in 2017
|Full name||Christopher James Durkin|
|Date of birth||February 8, 2000|
|Place of birth||Hampton, Virginia, United States|
|Height||6 ft 0 in (183 cm)|
|Playing position||Defensive midfielder|
|2016–2017||→ Richmond Kickers (loan)||14||(0)|
|2015–2017||United States U17||14||(2)|
|2018–||United States U20||0||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of October 30, 2018|
Christopher James Durkin (born February 8, 2000) is an American professional soccer player, who currently plays for D.C. United in Major League Soccer. He has previously played for and captained the US Men's National U-17 Team.
After spending time with the youth sides of Richmond Kickers and D.C. United, Durkin signed with United Soccer League side Richmond Kickers on March 27, 2015. He made his professional debut in a friendly match against English Premier League club West Bromwich Albion F.C.
On June 14, 2016, D.C. United signed Durkin, making him the sixth homegrown player in D.C. United history and the fifth-youngest homegrown signing in the history of the league (16 years, 127 days). Durkin debuted for D.C. United on June 15, 2016, during a Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup fourth round tournament fixture, going 86 minutes against the Fort Lauderdale Strikers.
On March 3, 2018, Durkin made his Major League Soccer debut against Orlando City, coming on in the 73rd minute for Yamil Asad. Just a few weeks later on March 24, 2018, Durkin made his first professional start for United, going the entire 90 minutes in a 3–1 loss against Columbus Crew.
On April 13, 2019, Durkin scored his first MLS goal in a start against the Colorado Rapids.
Durkin played for the U.S. Under-17 team at the 2017 CONCACAF U-17 Championship and the 2017 FIFA U-17 World Cup. Prior to the World Cup, Durkin wore the captain's armband for a number of friendly matches as well as in the group stage match against El Salvador in the CONCACAF Championship. Durkin scored his first goal for the US Under-17 team in a group stage match against Jamaica, and again in the U-17 World Cup against the host country of India.
Durkin was named to the roster of the US men's national Under-20 soccer team during the first-ever U.S. Soccer Men’s YNT Summit Camp in Lakewood Ranch, Florida from January 2–11, 2018. Born in 2000, Durkin was among five players called up to the U-20 roster (birth year 1999) who were playing one year above their natural age group (U-19).
|United States||League||U.S. Open Cup||Playoffs||North America||Total|
|Richmond Kickers (loan)||2016||USL||3||0||0||0||0||0||—||3||0|
|Richmond Kickers (loan)||2017||USL||11||0||0||0||—||—||11||0|
- Admin (July 20, 2015). "RICHMOND 1, WEST BROM 2". Richmond Kickers. Retrieved January 18, 2018.
- "Richmond United players Chris Durkin, Drew Romig added to Richmond Kickers pro roster". Soccer Wire. Retrieved May 3, 2017.
- "D.C. United sign homegrown talent Chris Durkin". DC United Website. Retrieved May 3, 2017.
- "Post-Match Facts: United v. Ft. Lauderdale Strikers". D.C. United. June 15, 2016. Retrieved January 18, 2018.
- MLSsoccer Staff (October 3, 2018). "22 Under 22". MLSsoccer.com.
- FIFA.com. "USA cruise to comfortable win over hosts India". FIFA.com. Retrieved January 18, 2018.
- "First Ever U.S. Soccer Men's YNT Summit Brings 153 Players Together in Single Camp". www.ussoccer.com. Retrieved January 18, 2018.
|This biographical article related to an American soccer midfielder is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|