Chris Evans (actor)
Evans at the 2014 San Diego Comic-Con
|Born||Christopher Robert Evans
June 13, 1981
Boston, Massachusetts, U.S.
|Residence||Los Angeles, California, U.S.|
|Education||Lincoln-Sudbury Regional High School|
|Relatives||Scott Evans (brother)
Mike Capuano (uncle)
Christopher Robert "Chris" Evans (born June 13, 1981) is an American actor and filmmaker. Evans is known for his superhero roles as the Marvel Comics characters Captain America in the Marvel Cinematic Universe and the Human Torch in Fantastic Four and its 2007 sequel.
He began his career on the 2000 television series Opposite Sex, and has since appeared in a number of films, such as Not Another Teen Movie, Sunshine, Scott Pilgrim vs. the World, Snowpiercer and the upcoming Gifted. In 2014, Evans made his directorial debut with the drama film Before We Go, in which he also starred. 
Evans was born in Boston and raised in the town of Sudbury. His mother, Lisa (née Capuano), is an artistic director at the Concord Youth Theater, and his father, Robert Evans, is a dentist.
He has two sisters, Carly, a graduate of New York University's Tisch School of the Arts and a high school drama and English teacher at Lincoln-Sudbury Regional High School, Shanna, and a younger brother, Scott, who was featured on the ABC soap opera One Life to Live. Their uncle, Mike Capuano, represents the same Massachusetts Congressional district formerly represented by Tip O'Neill. His mother is of half Italian and half Irish ancestry. He and his siblings were raised Catholic.
After filming wrapped on Not Another Teen Movie, Evans landed lead roles in The Perfect Score and Cellular, and then starred in two independent films in Chicago: Dirk Wittenborn's Fierce People, playing the sinister Bryce, and London, playing a strung-out drug user with relationship problems. He then played the superhero the Human Torch in the 2005 comic book adaptation Fantastic Four. Evans reprised the role in the 2007 sequel Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer. That year, he starred as engineer-turned-astronaut Mace in Danny Boyle's science-fiction film Sunshine.
In 2008, Evans appeared in Street Kings, co-starring Keanu Reeves, and the Tennessee Williams screenplay adaptation The Loss of a Teardrop Diamond, co-starring Bryce Dallas Howard and Ellen Burstyn. The following year he appeared in the science-fiction thriller Push, with Dakota Fanning and Camilla Belle. Evans performed his own fight scenes, which took weeks to film, and was bruised during filming.
In 2010, he completed filming on co-directors Mark Kassen and Adam Kassen's Puncture in Houston, Texas. The film was selected to debut at the 2011 Tribeca Film Festival as one of the Spotlight projects for the 10th anniversary of the festival.
Also that year, Evans appeared in Sylvain White's The Losers, an adaptation of the comic-book series from the DC Comics imprint Vertigo. Evans then appeared in another comic-book adaptation, Edgar Wright's Scott Pilgrim vs. the World, where he portrayed Lucas Lee, one of Ramona Flowers' seven evil exes.
In 2011, Evans played the Marvel Comics character Captain America in Captain America: The First Avenger, and starred in the film What's Your Number?, a romantic comedy co-starring Anna Faris. There were initially scheduling conflicts, as both films were set to film in the summer of 2010.
Evans had signed on to appear in multiple films as Captain America, and first reprised the role in the 2012 film The Avengers. He next starred opposite Michael Shannon in The Iceman, replacing James Franco, who had dropped out. Evans wore a long wig and grew out a beard for the role. He starred in South Korean director Bong Joon-ho's English-language film Snowpiercer.
In 2014, Evans starred in Captain America: The Winter Soldier. He starred opposite Michelle Monaghan in the romantic comedy Playing It Cool. His directorial debut, Before We Go, debuted at the 2014 Toronto International Film Festival. 
Evans said in March 2014 that once his contract with Marvel is up, he may consider doing less acting so he could work more on directing, and believes he will be finished playing Captain America in 2017. In September 2015, however, he said in an interview that he would be willing to sign on for more films as Captain America after Infinity War, if Marvel wanted to extend his contract.
Evans is a fan of the New England Patriots, and narrated America's Game: The Story of the 2014 New England Patriots.
|2001||Not Another Teen Movie||Jake Wyler|
|2003||Paper Boy, TheThe Paper Boy||Ben Harris||Short film|
|2004||Perfect Score, TheThe Perfect Score||Kyle Curtis|
|2005||Fierce People||Bryce Langley|
|Fantastic Four||Johnny Storm/Human Torch|
|2007||TMNT||Casey Jones||Voice role|
|Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer||Johnny Storm/Human Torch|
|Nanny Diaries, TheThe Nanny Diaries||Hayden "Harvard Hottie"|
|Battle for Terra||Stewart Stanton||Voice role|
|2008||Street Kings||Detective Paul Diskant|
|Loss of a Teardrop Diamond, TheThe Loss of a Teardrop Diamond||Jimmy Dobyne|
|2010||Losers, TheThe Losers||Jake Jensen|
|Scott Pilgrim vs. the World||Lucas Lee|
|2011||Puncture||Michael David "Mike" Weiss|
|Captain America: The First Avenger||Steve Rogers / Captain America|
|What's Your Number?||Colin Shea|
|2012||Avengers, TheThe Avengers||Steve Rogers / Captain America|
|The Iceman||Robert "Mr. Freezy" Pronge|
|Thor: The Dark World||Steve Rogers / Captain America||Uncredited cameo|
|2014||Captain America: The Winter Soldier|
|Before We Go||Nick Vaughan||Also director and producer|
|2015||Avengers: Age of Ultron||Steve Rogers / Captain America|
|Ant-Man||Post-credits scene; cameo|
|Playing It Cool||Me|
|2016||Captain America: Civil War||Steve Rogers / Captain America|
|2000||Opposite Sex||Cary Baston||8 episodes|
|2000||Fugitive, TheThe Fugitive||Zack Lardner||Episode: "Guilt"|
|2001||Boston Public||Neil Mavromates||Episode: "Chapter Nine"|
|2008||Robot Chicken||Various voices||Episode: "Monstourage"|
|2005||Fantastic Four||Johnny Storm / The Human Torch|
|2011||Captain America: Super Soldier||Steve Rogers / Captain America|
Awards and nominations
|2005||MTV Movie Awards||Best On-Screen Team||Fantastic Four||Nominated|
|2007||Teen Choice Awards||Choice Movie Actor: Action Adventure||Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer||Nominated|
|Choice Movie: Rumble||Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer||Nominated|
|2011||Scream Awards||Best Superhero||Captain America: The First Avenger||Won|
|Saturn Awards||Best Actor||Captain America: The First Avenger||Nominated|
|People's Choice Awards||Favorite Movie Superhero||Captain America: The First Avenger||Nominated|
|MTV Movie Awards||MTV Movie Award for Best Hero||Captain America: The First Avenger||Nominated|
|Teen Choice Awards||Choice Summer Movie Star: Male||Captain America: The First Avenger||Nominated|
|2012||Choice Movie: Fight||Captain America: The First Avenger||Nominated|
|Choice Movie: Male Scene Stealer||The Avengers||Nominated|
|2013||People's Choice Awards||Favorite Action Movie Star||The Avengers||Nominated|
|Favorite Movie Superhero||The Avengers||Nominated|
|MTV Movie Awards||Best Fight (shared with cast)||The Avengers||Won|
|2014||Teen Choice Awards||Choice Movie Actor: Sci-Fi/Fantasy||Captain America: The Winter Soldier||Nominated|
|2015||People's Choice Awards||Favorite Action Movie Actor||Captain America: The Winter Soldier||Won|
|Favorite Movie Duo (with Scarlett Johansson)||Captain America: The Winter Soldier||Nominated|
|Critics' Choice Awards||Best Actor in an Action Movie||Captain America: The Winter Soldier||Nominated|
|MTV Movie Awards||Best Fight (Chris Evans vs. Sebastian Stan)||Captain America: The Winter Soldier||Nominated|
|Best Kiss (with Scarlett Johansson)||Captain America: The Winter Soldier||Nominated|
|Saturn Awards||Best Comic-to-Film Motion Picture||Captain America: The Winter Soldier||Nominated|
|Best Actor||Captain America: The Winter Soldier||Nominated|
|Teen Choice Awards||Choice Movie Actor: Sci-Fi/Fantasy||Avengers: Age of Ultron||Nominated|
|Choice Movie Scene Stealer||Avengers: Age of Ultron||Won|
|2016||MTV Movie Awards||Best Hero||Avengers: Age of Ultron||Nominated|
|Teen Choice Awards||Choice Movie Actor: Sci-Fi/Fantasy||Captain America: Civil War||Won|
|Critics' Choice Awards||Best Actor in an Action Movie||Captain America: Civil War||Pending|
|2017||People's Choice Awards||Favorite Action Movie Actor||Captain America: Civil War||Pending|
- "Today in History". The Guardian. London, UK. Associated Press. June 13, 2009. Archived from the original on December 26, 2013. Retrieved January 23, 2008.
Actor Chris Evans is 28.
- "Toronto Film Festival Lineup". Variety. Retrieved 22 July 2014.
- Itzkoff, Dave (July 8, 2011). "Chris Evans in 'Captain America: The First Avenger'". The New York Times.
- Pai, Tanya. "America's Most Wanted". Boston. June 2011. Archived from the original on July 5, 2011. Retrieved April 16, 2013.
- Marotta, Terry (July 19, 2007). "Grease is the word". Gatehouse News Service via Wicked Local Sudbury. Archived from the original on April 3, 2014. Retrieved July 19, 2010.
- Cantrell, Cindy (March 9, 2014). "Chris Evans doesn't forget his Concord roots". The Boston Globe. Retrieved April 6, 2014.
- Keck, William (September 9, 2004). "Chris Evans' career ready to sizzle". USA Today. Archived from the original on November 6, 2013. Retrieved December 10, 2007.
...Evans' siblings, Scott, Carly and Shanna.
- "Carly is a teacher at lsrhs". LSRHS. Retrieved October 17, 2014.
- Krebs, Sean (December 14, 2009). "Behind The Scenes: The Scott Evans Cover Shoot". Instinct. Archived from the original on July 26, 2011. Retrieved December 16, 2009.
- Stickgold, Emma (July 21, 2010). "Rita Capuano; campaigned with vigor for husband, son; at 90". The Boston Globe. Archived from the original on November 5, 2013. Retrieved July 22, 2010. (subscription required)
- "Meet curious Chris". Deccan Herald. May 27, 2007. Archived from the original on September 29, 2007. Retrieved June 8, 2009.
- "Sunshine – Chris Evans interview". IndieLondon.co.uk. Archived from the original on October 29, 2013. Retrieved June 8, 2009.
- Gardner, Jessica (2011-09-21). "Chris Evans Takes On a New Fight in 'Puncture'". Backstage. Retrieved 2016-04-12.
- Jay Jayson @ComicBook. "Captain America Was A Model For Mystery Date". Comicbook.com. Retrieved 2016-04-12.
- Rebecca Murray, Fred Topel. "Interview with Mia Kirshner & Chris Evans from "Not Another Teen Movie"". About.com. Retrieved June 7, 2013.
- ""London" Movie Trailer". About.com. Retrieved June 7, 2013.
- "Human Torch Chris Evans Says Fantastic Four 3 Will Probably Not Happen". /Film. March 21, 2008. Retrieved June 7, 2013.
- Chupnick, Steven (July 22, 2007). "Traveling to the SUNSHINE with Danny Boyle and Chris Evans". Collider.com. Retrieved June 7, 2013.
- "Push Comes to Shove for Chris Evans". Parade. February 4, 2009. Retrieved July 19, 2010.
- Rosen, Christopher (April 22, 2011). "Chris Evans and the Kassen Brothers Talk Puncture, Captain America and the Tribeca Film Festival". Movieline.com. Retrieved June 7, 2013.
- Billington, Alex (July 13, 2009). "Complete Look at the Full Cast of Sylvain White's The Losers". FirstShowing.net. Retrieved July 13, 2009.
- Fischer, Russ (January 20, 2009). "A Handy Cast Guide To Scott Pilgrim Vs The World". Chud.com. Retrieved January 20, 2009.
- Graser, Marc (March 22, 2010). "Chris Evans to play 'Captain America'". Variety. Retrieved March 23, 2010.
- Anderton, Ethan (March 8, 2010). "Casting Tidits: Anna Faris, Liv Tyler, Ryan Gosling and More". FirstShowing.net. Retrieved August 3, 2010.
- Ward, Kate (March 19, 2010). "Captain America offered to Chris Evans". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved March 2, 2014.
- Fleming Jr., Mike (November 11, 2011). "Chris Evans Replacing James Franco In 'The Iceman'". Deadline.com. Retrieved March 2, 2014.
- Malec, Brett (April 23, 2013). "Captain America, Who?! Chris Evans Gets Hairy Makeunder in New Movie The Iceman". E!. Retrieved March 2, 2014.
- Kroll, Justin (January 13, 2012). "Chris Evans warms to 'Snow Piercer'". Variety. Retrieved March 2, 2014.
- Chitwood, Adam (September 18, 2012). "Chris Evans Talks 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier'; Says Sequel Will Get Into Material That Was Cut from 'The Avengers'". Collider.com. Archived from the original on September 28, 2012. Retrieved September 18, 2012.
- Gajewski, Ryan (September 13, 2014). "Chris Evans Has Complicated Feelings for Michelle Monaghan in 'Playing It Cool' Trailer". The Hollywood Reporter. Archived from the original on October 30, 2014. Retrieved October 30, 2014.
- Setoodeh, Ramin (March 25, 2014). "'Captain America's' Chris Evans Says He's Ready to Leave Acting Behind". Variety. Archived from the original on April 2, 2014. Retrieved March 3, 2014.
- "Marvel Studios Announces Filming of Marvel's Avengers: Age of Ultron in South Korea". Marvel. February 18, 2014. Archived from the original on February 18, 2014. Retrieved February 18, 2014.
- Strom, Marc (October 28, 2014). "Marvel Pits Captain America & Iron Man in a Cinematic Civil War". Marvel.com. Archived from the original on October 28, 2014. Retrieved October 28, 2014.
- Glamour magazine via Gallagher, Brian (March 3, 2014). "Chris Evans Taking a Break from Acting Once Marvel Contract Expires". Movieweb.com (Watchr Media). Archived from the original on April 3, 2014. Retrieved March 3, 2014.
- Chitwood, Adam (2015-09-04). "Chris Evans Eager to Extend Marvel Contract". Collider. Retrieved 2016-04-12.
- Murphy, Desiree (June 25, 2016). "Exclusive: Jenny Slate Can't Stop Gushing Over 'Dream' Boyfriend Chris Evans as They Make Their Red Carpet Debut As a Couple". Entertainment Tonight. Archived from the original on June 26, 2016. Retrieved June 28, 2016.
- ‘CAPTAIN AMERICA’ HERO CHRIS EVANS ATTENDS O AT BELLAGIO FOR SECOND TIME
- Voss, Brandon (January 5, 2009). "A List: Chris Evans". The Advocate. Retrieved July 20, 2010.
- Sachs, Adam (May 2012). "The Avengers' Chris Evans: Just Your Average Beer-Swilling, Babe-Loving Buddhist". Details. Archived from the original on April 12, 2013. Retrieved April 16, 2013.
- "Chris Evans to narrate Patriots documentary 'America's Game'". BostonGlobe.com. Retrieved 2016-05-09.
- West, Kelly (November 2013). "How Thor: The Dark World Did That Amazing Cameo Scene". Cinema Blend. Retrieved June 30, 2016.