December 30, 1971 |
Pasadena, California, U.S.
|Occupation||Director, writer, producer|
Chris Fisher (born December 30, 1971) is an American director, writer, and producer. He is perhaps most well-known for his work on the CBS television show Person of Interest, which he has worked on as a director and co-executive producer.
Fisher grew up in Newport Beach and studied philosophy and law at the University of Southern California, going on to work as a corporate lawyer in London before deciding to work in the entertainment industry. In 2001, Fisher started the production company Imperial Fish Company, which worked on his first film Nightstalker and the film Taboo.
Fisher has directed episodes of various TV series and is perhaps best known for directing Rampage: The Hillside Strangler Murders. On May 9, 2008, it was announced that he would direct S. Darko, the sequel to 2001's cult hit Donnie Darko which was directed by Richard Kelly. Fisher received the script to S. Darko in full during the time of the 2007–2008 Writers Guild of America strike but was unable to work on it further as he was a WGA member himself. Ultimately, S. Darko proved to be a box office flop and was critically panned, receiving a score of 0% on Rotten Tomatoes based on negative reviews.
His film Meeting Evil, which came out in May 2012, features stars Luke Wilson and Samuel L. Jackson. It was adapted from Thomas Berger's 1992 novel. It received generally negative reviews, and it holds a 13% on Rotten Tomatoes.
- Nightstalker (2002)
- Dirty (2005)
- Rampage: The Hillside Strangler Murders (2006)
- Chuck (2007)
- Cold Case (2007–2008)
- Moonlight (2007–2008)
- S. Darko (2009)
- Street Kings: Motor City (2011)
- Blue Crush 2 (2011)
- Meeting Evil (2012)
- Beale, Lewis (February 19, 2006). "Steering a Lost Career Back to the 'Hood". The New York Times.
- Radish, Christina (19 April 2012). "Director Chris Fisher Talks MEETING EVIL, WAREHOUSE 13, PERSON OF INTEREST and More". Collider.com. Complex Media. Retrieved 14 May 2015.
- "Chris Fisher interview on filmography". Retrieved 22 February 2013.
- "Imperial Fish Company list of Works". Retrieved 3 March 2013.
- "Imperial Fish Company Business Profile". Retrieved 3 March 2013.
- Chris Fisher - Director Movie Reviews at TopTenReviews.com
- Donnie Darko Sequel Starts Filming May 18 - ComingSoon.net
- "S. Darko interview Chris Fisher". Retrieved 22 February 2013.
- "S. Darko". Rotten Tomatoes. Retrieved 3 March 2013.
- "Meeting Evil". Rotten Tomatoes.