Christopher Lawrence Fisher
December 30, 1971
Pasadena, California, U.S.
|Education||University of Southern California (BA, JD)|
|Occupation||Director, writer, producer|
Christopher Lawrence Fisher (born December 30, 1971) is an American director, writer, producer, and former attorney. He worked on the CBS television series Person of Interest as a director and executive producer.
Early life and education
Fisher began his career as a corporate lawyer in London before deciding to work in the entertainment industry. In 2001, Fisher established the production company Imperial Fish Company, which worked on his first film Nightstalker and the film Taboo.
Fisher has directed episodes of various TV series including Rampage: The Hillside Strangler Murders. On May 9, 2008, it was announced that he would direct S. Darko, the sequel to 2001's cult hit Donnie Darko which was directed by Richard Kelly. Fisher received the script to S. Darko in full during the time of the 2007–2008 Writers Guild of America strike but was unable to work on it further as he was a WGA member himself. Ultimately, S. Darko proved to be a box office flop and was critically panned, receiving a score of 13% on Rotten Tomatoes based on negative reviews.
His film Meeting Evil, which came out in May 2012, features stars Luke Wilson and Samuel L. Jackson. It was adapted from Thomas Berger's 1992 novel. It received generally negative reviews, and it holds a 13% on Rotten Tomatoes.
- Nightstalker (2002)
- Dirty (2005)
- Rampage: The Hillside Strangler Murders (2006)
- Chuck (2007)
- Cold Case (2007–2008)
- Moonlight (2007–2008)
- S. Darko (2009)
- Street Kings 2: Motor City (2011)
- Meeting Evil (2012)
- University of Southern California (Class of 1995) Commencement
- Beale, Lewis (February 19, 2006). "Steering a Lost Career Back to the 'Hood". The New York Times.
- Radish, Christina (19 April 2012). "Director Chris Fisher Talks MEETING EVIL, WAREHOUSE 13, PERSON OF INTEREST and More". Collider. Complex. Retrieved 14 May 2015.
- "Chris Fisher interview on filmography". Retrieved 22 February 2013.
- "Imperial Fish Company list of Works". Retrieved 3 March 2013.
- "Imperial Fish Company Business Profile". Retrieved 3 March 2013.
- Chris Fisher - Director Movie Reviews at TopTenReviews.com Archived May 15, 2008, at the Wayback Machine
- Donnie Darko Sequel Starts Filming May 18 - ComingSoon.net
- "S. Darko interview Chris Fisher". Shocktillyoudrop.com. Retrieved 22 February 2013.
- "S. Darko". Rotten Tomatoes. Retrieved 3 March 2013.
- "Meeting Evil". Rotten Tomatoes.