Christopher Charles Hawkins
23 September 1975
|Residence||Wilmslow, Cheshire, England|
|Education||University of Nottingham|
|Occupation||radio presenter, TV personality|
|Spouse(s)||Clare Nasir (2005-present)|
Hawkins is the presenter of the BBC Radio 6 Music overnight radio shows that air nightly from 2 am-7 am, including a live show from 5 am (also covering drive and afternoons), occasionally assuming additional duties on BBC Radio 2. He makes frequent TV appearances as a personality pundit and pop-culture expert.
Early life, education
Hawkins did his university studies at the University of Nottingham, where he obtained a degree in American Studies, and spent some time at Middlebury College in the United States as an exchange student. Also, as a school boy at the independent school Ellesmere College in Ellesmere, Shropshire, he spent some time at the Tabor Academy in the United States, on an English-Speaking Union scholarship.
He has worked for the BBC World Service doing the UK Album Chart Show and the UK Top 20, presented a daily show on GLR 94.9 (BBC London 94.9) for over two years, Talk Radio UK as a reporter and producer, BBC London Live, Real Radio, American College Radio, Jazz FM in London and Classic Gold.
He co-presented a radio talk show with psychic Becky Walsh on Friday nights on LBC 97.3 FM radio and had his own show on LBC 97.3 on Saturday afternoons.
As a music journalist, he writes a music column for London magazines, including the music review section of Angel magazine.
In November 2009, Chris and Clare had their first child, a baby girl, Sienna.
- In 2016, Hawkins represented the University of Nottingham on Celebrity University Challenge, winning their heat, but failing to make the semi-finals 
- "Profile: Chris Hawkins", Nikki Johnceline Publicity
- "Agency Biography/CV: Chris Hawkins" Archived 3 September 2011 at the Wayback Machine., McLean-Williams Management, London.
- Van Voris, Richard, "Our Drama Exchange", Tabor Academy News, March 1, 2015
- Reagle,Chris, "English students forge bonds at Tabor Academy", South Coast Today newspaper, New Bedford, Massachusetts, April 1, 1998 (Updated Jan 11, 2011)
- "Believe in Tomorrow: Prince's Trust Annual Review 2008-2010" Archived 12 June 2011 at the Wayback Machine., Prince's Trust, March 2011. Cf. p.35
- "DJ’s dash to see birth of daughter", Shropshire Star, Saturday 14 November 2009
- Freaky Eaters - "Addicted to Junk Food" episode, Series 2, BBC programme website
- Slade, Jane, "Weather girl tunes in to better life in the north", Daily Express, Property, 29 February 2012
- Reeder, Janet, "How Wilmslow and the North won over TV presenter Clare Nasir and Chris Hawkins", Cheshire Life, May 23, 2013
- "BBC - 6music - Chris Hawkins biography". 18 September 2002.